In celebration of the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty one month anniversary, Blizzard has announced not a set of patch notes, but rather a preview of changes to come. We can expect a number of improvements, including additional mod features, GalaxyEdit improvements and bug fixes, Custom Game improvements, support for NVidia's 3D Vision, Balance changes, and much more. Though, I'm sure most of you want to know what kinds of balance changes are going to be coming. With that in mind, here's a preview of what's in store for us...
- Hotkey Changes
- Adding Standard (US) keyset for all regions
- Adding Standard for Lefties (US) keyset for all regions
- Friendly units no longer provide vision after being killed
- Enemy units previously revealed will no longer be targetable
- Desert Oasis
- Adding destructible rocks to make the natural expansions easier to protect
- The center map Xel'Naga Tower area is being narrowed
- Zealot build time is being increased from 33 to 38 seconds
- Warpgate cooldown is being increased from 23 to 28 seconds
- Address to the problem of being able to spend minerals too quickly via Warpgates and Chrono Boost
- Reapers build time being increased from 40 to 45 seconds
- Bunked build time being increased from 30 to 35 seconds
- Siege Tank Siege Mode damage decreased from 50 to 35, +15 vs. armored
- Vehicle damage upgrades decreased from +5 to +3, +2 vs. armored
- Battlecruiser damage against ground decreased from 10 to 8
- Damage being decreased from 15, +25 vs. armored to 15, +20 vs armored
- Building Attack (Ram) is being removed in place of the normal attack
Blizzard also made it a point to clarify the fact that they are reading our posts, lists of features and bugs, etc, within their official forums. They have mid-to-long-term plans to further evolve the Custom Game experience, and soon release Chat Channels over Battle.net. More specific information will be coming within the next few weeks, and SC2 will continue to grow for years to come.
You can view the original announcement on Blizzard's blog.