The zerg invasion is upon us, as Blizzard Entertainment last night released the latest expansion to StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. Kerrigan is ready to take down Arcturus Mengsk with the help of her brood, once and for all. Are you ready to help her?
“Heart of the Swarm enhances every aspect of StarCraft II,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “In addition to Kerrigan’s campaign and the new multiplayer units and maps, we think players will really enjoy the new online elements and new features that make StarCraft II more fun and easier to learn than ever before.”
This savage new chapter in the war between the Terran, Protoss, and Zerg features the following:
- 20 new campaign missions following Kerrigan across the galaxy as she attempts to reunite the Swarm and exact revenge on Arcturus Mengsk
- Customize Kerrigan with powerful new abilities, and evolve various zerg strains into fearsome new subspecies to suit your own playstyle
- New units such as Terran Hellbats, Zerg Swarm Hosts, and Protoss Tempests, plus updated original units
- Group and clan systems, unranked matchmaking, and Global Play, which enables players to battle others in different regions around the world
- Additional stat tracking, UI improvements, enhanced physics system
- Multiplayer replays
- Leveling system
Players have some options to get started, including Standard, Collector's, and Digital Deluxe Editions. The packs can be viewed at the official site, starting at $39.99 with higher packs containing new skins, portraits, WoW pets, art books, and more.