A new patch is being released on May 11th by Firefly Studios for Stronghold 3, containing major gameplay tweaks and a new multiplayer mode: Coronation. Here's a rundown what we can expect:
- Coronation Mode:
- Players will race to become the King of Kings.
- Players start off at the lowly rank of “Village Idiot” with limited access to buildings and military units.
- By generating honour players can move up the ranks, gaining new technology and weaponry along the way.
- For the first time in a Stronghold game Coronation mode also features upgradable keeps, which have their own defences and provide additional housing for workers and troops.
- The first King to achieve the rank of “Emperor” will win the game and can rightly claim to be the ultimate Stronghold Lord.
- Peasants move 66% faster
- Immigrations rates increased
- Farms produce 25% more food
- Bread production has been increased by 40%
- Pikemen walk faster
- Macemen, Armed Peasants, and Monks always run by default
- Ranged units will gain an attack bonus based on terrain height, making it even easier to lure enemies into traps and set up killing zones!
- Goods can be manually bought or sold without need for a Market
- Market now allows players to set up automatic trading of goods, with controls and settings per goods type
A full list of features, tweaks and bug fixes can be found in the patch notes at www.fireflyworlds.com.
Stronghold 3 allows players to reenact some of history's most renowned sieges and battles. Featuring a realistic physics engine and cutting-edge graphics, players can either defend or siege in a range of multiplayer modes or play two intricate single-player campaigns.
For more on Stronghold 3, check out http://www.stronghold3.com/.