In today's Feedback Friday we get to find out more about Series 2 and Series 3 progressive weapons as the developers of Tabula Rasa share information and insight about this new system.
Series 2 and 3
We’ve added several Progressive Weapons into the game, and we thought you might like to have some insight on our overall goal with this system.
Examples: Double barrel fire shotgun, triple barrel fire shotgun
Description: These weapons are more impressive looking versions of existing weapon types, introduced at mid to high levels to allow players further character differentiation. Ideally they will also have some balance tweaks from existing weaponry that may make them more ideal in particular situations, without being overpowered.
Goal: To introduce new and interesting weapons to players in a compelling way.
- Series 2 weapons will be considered uncommon and introduce a twist/variation on the default “Series 1” weapon equivalent including both pros and cons. (Example: Series 2 Fire Shotguns have a wider code and increased damage, but higher heat, more ammo consumptions, and slower rate of fire.)
- Series 3 weapons will be considered rare and are designed to augment the specific class in question when possible and if applicable.
- Series 2 weapons will require at least a tier 2 proficiency in the appropriate skill.
- Series 3 weapons which are not firearms based will likely require multiple skill proficiencies.
- These items will be introduced with smaller and off-synched level bands to help fill upgrade niches and mitigate players needing to use underpowered weapons prior to leveling.
- Currently each series 2/series 3 weapon addition includes one single damage type. This may be subject to change.
- Tier 4 weapons will receive a Series 2 version, but not a Series 3, due to its later introduction into the character’s development (level 30).
- Series 2 will only drop green, blue and purple (uncommon, rare, and elite) versions.
- Series 3 will only drop blue and purple (rare and elite quality) versions.
In Deployment 13, players will be introduced to the Series 3 pistol. AFS personnel are now authorized to dual wield a modified version of the Series 2 Laser pistol. Each pistol contains a clip of 30 rounds. This allows an extended firing pattern before needing to reload. These items are rare, but can be found on bosses throughout Foreas and Arieki.