Patch 1.6 went live recently and there's now information out about the upcoming v.1.7 Tabula Rasa patch! One of the major things you can expect to see with v1.7 is revamps of many classes.
Last Feedback Friday we mentioned that we would be revamping certain abilities to help create a more well-rounded Ranger and Spy class. Many of you have asked about other class revamps. Please know that we do plan to address the other classes as well, and have already been working on the back end portion for some of these changes.
A good example of this is a new minion system that will strongly benefit classes such as the Exobiologist. The new minion system is planned to allow players access to have more control over their pets and pace of combat resulting in more rewarding gameplay. More information on this will be available as this makes it closer to the Live Servers. And on the subject of pets, in 1.7 pets will receive a damage bonus from the number of points their master places in their Mind attribute.
In addition to these upcoming class changes, we will also be making a global pass for ALL abilities on ALL classes to identify and address the least effective abilities in 1.8 and 1.9.
1.7 Patch Note Preview
Our Interactions Team has been changing the User Interface to make more information available to the player. For example, you will find the following changes in 1.7:
- Game tips now appear at the bottom of the loading screen when you’re loading into a map.
- Cool down timers: When you have a game effect on your character, a green overlays appear over buffs and red overlays appear over debuffs. This overlay will decrease to show how long the buff/debuff will be on your character.
- Trade cancellation: When you send out a trade request, you now get a trade request status updater ping that you can click to cancel the request.
- Map levels: When you look in the map tree view, you will now see level ranges of the maps.
- Target Lock: The reticule has been updated to more clearly show that you have locked onto a target. Also, locked targets will now appear with a slight glow, and will appear as a lock symbol in your radar map.
1.6 CP Tokens
There has been some concern in the community over the prices of Control Point vendors and the new global assault / defense CP tokens. There has been a divide, even amongst us, about the appropriate amount at which to set these tokens. We believe we have set these tokens to an amount that is difficult without being too difficult. If the difficulty is too high, we will adjust quickly. The problem is making sure the data on a Live server really indicates that prices might be too high. The Test Server, while definitely a good test bed, doesn’t give us all the information we need. This note was just to let you know we are definitely listening and we are prepared to act if needed.