Today we were able to ask 505 Games some questions on the upcoming release of Terraria coming to PS3/Xbox 360 in early 2013. There isn't much new information, but they promise more is to come over the following months! To the questions:
1. Are there any more hints you can give on where the game is going content-wise?
There may or may not be a killer whale! And, there’s more news to come on this!
2. So far, what is your favorite new addition?
To speak frankly, I think the best thing about Terraria on console will be the accessibility that comes with playing a game from the comfort of your couch, on a big TV, and with a controller. We’ve also absolutely loved being able to add new content.
3. Have you found anything in the Suggestions forums you're likely to use?
We’ve definitely looked at the wealth of suggestions and community ideas for inspiration.
4. Going in the other direction, are there any features or content of the existing game that will not make it into the Console version?
As is true of any game you bring to another platform, there are trade-offs you have to make. PC & console are fundamentally different experiences with different expectations, and we’ve done our best to play to the strengths of the new platforms.
5. What is your vision for a complete Terraria?
The vision of Terraria still very much belongs to Redigit, we’re just doing our best to bring his vision to a new audience.
We're looking forward to more information on the console version - we'll keep you posted!
The Terraria team often posts small teasers and discussions on the Terraria Online forums under 505Games or Redigit, so for the most current updates from them be sure to follow activity there! You can also find guides, maps, server listings and everything on the forums and Wiki that you need to make your Terraria experience complete.