Now officially launched, The Banner Saga is a title aimed at gamers with a keen appreciation of art, story, and strategy.
Independently developed and published by Austin, TX studios Stoic and Versus Evil, the game is a pleasing mesh of role-playing and turn-based strategy, featuring gorgeous hand-animated foes, real decisions and consequences, stunning landscapes straight out of an animated film, and more:
- Player choice that drives your narrative: Every decision you make in travel, conversation and combat has a meaningful effect on the outcome as your story unfolds.
- Over 25 playable characters from 2 different races, human and Varl (horned giants): Embark on your epic journey with a variety of characters from 7 different classes, each with unique abilities and upgrade options to fit your play style.
- Strategic combat with consequences: Victory or defeat and even the permanent loss of a character depends on which characters you choose to take into battle and what tactics you employ while in combat.
- The journey is half the battle: Your role in building and managing your caravan as you travel the vast frozen landscape is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.
- An epic Viking saga brought to life in 2D glory: Beautifully hand drawn combat sequences and animations, accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory, will immerse you into a fantasy realm based on Norse mythology.
- Multiplayer Combat Enhanced: Sharpen your combat skills in the free to play “Factions” multiplayer game. As you play through the single player experience you’ll also unlock new characters to use in multiplayer.
To help you with your journey in The Banner Saga, the official wiki contains details on many aspects of the game you may have questions about, such as stats, renown, matches, tournaments, units of all types, locations, plus a handy guide on getting started.
Check it out, and if you have tips of your own be sure to contribute! Stay tuned right here at Curse for more news and items of interest, and be sure to drop by their official site.