Funcom has unveiled their ambitious new monthly update plan for recently released MMO The Secret World. Each month players will receive new content such as storylines, missions, seasonal events, gameplay enhancements, and zones!
The first update is planned for July 31st, with details on specific contents coming later this week.
Mr. Tørnquist also revealed a high-level overview of what players can expect further down the line, including:
- Monthly mission packs, including a slew of new investigation missions
- New weapons (including a big one that will cause even bigger explosions!)
- Raids (clue for the first one: The Big Apple will never be the same)
- Expanded character customization, including plastic surgery
- A player vs. player dungeon set in an entirely new geographical area
- Dungeon finder tool to make grouping for dungeons much easier
- Seasonal events such as Halloween and Winter Solstice
- Two large adventure areas including new characters, missions, monsters, lore and more
- More social gameplay will be added to the London hub
- Combat will be enhanced significantly both visually and mechanically
- And much, much more!
The Secret World blends elements of MMO gameplay with alternate reality gaming and social networking in an original setting with contemporary elements.
Imagine if every myth, conspiracy theory and urban legend was true. Imagine a world where you can become anything you want to be, without restrictions such as classes or levels. This is the premise for The Secret World, Funcom’s newest massively multiplayer online game set in the modern-day real world.