Launching this month, Big Trouble in the Big Apple will bring players new weapons, a raid, and some sweet features and enhancements:
- The Manhattan Exclusion Zone – the game’s very first raid set in the middle of a devastated Times Square, offering a massive challenge for groups of 10 players.
- The Albion Theater – in this London theater venue, players can put on their own stage plays, control everything from props to lighting, and invite others to sit in the audience.
- The Chainsaw – a brand new and extremely powerful auxiliary weapon that opens up several new abilities for players to acquire.
- Reticule Combat – a new, optional combat mode that allows you to use your mouse pointer to aim for targets.
- Massive PvP Enhancements – this update revitalizes parts of the player vs. player gameplay, particularly the large-scale secret society warfare in Fusang.
For those who haven't played, The Secret World blends elements of MMO gameplay with alternate reality gaming and social networking in an original setting with contemporary elements.
Imagine if every myth, conspiracy theory and urban legend was true. Imagine a world where you can become anything you want to be, without restrictions such as classes or levels. This is the premise for The Secret World, Funcom’s newest massively multiplayer online game set in the modern-day real world.