Arktos Entertainment Group and Hammerpoint Interactive announced today that their upcoming game The War Z now has its very own official site!
“The response in the first week since we announced the game has been incredible and it’s totally inspired the team,” said Eric Nordin, senior game designer for The War Z. “We’ve been following all of the comments on the various forums as well as our Facebook page and it really validates that we’re creating something that gamers want to play. We’re going to continue working hard and make sure we deliver the best game possible!”
Indeed, over 100,000 beta registrations were made within the first 24 hours of the official game announcement, giving the team quite a pool of potential testers.
This post-apocalyptic, zombie-infested MMO is session-based and takes place five years after a viral outbreak that ravaged the human population, leaving a nightmare of epic proportion in its wake.
Players will run into hordes of zombies and interact with others in a nomadic and completely lawless society which emphasizes survival of the fittest. You'll have to use all your cunning to acquire food, weapons, and other supplies to continue your horrifying existence.
The vast landscape contains cities which can be explored, and are teeming with the undead. Even more frightening are those who still have their minds - the PCs youll run into may or may not be friendly.
Strong RPG elements are present, giving players the ability to earn experience points and then spend them on vital skills to aid their survival in the harsh, unforgiving environment.
You'll be able to play with your friends as well - players can join servers as a group, or locate friends currently playing to join the same server. A current list of game features boasts:
- Survival Horror MMO with entire game world build around a Zombie Apocalypse
- Two modes of play: Normal (downed characters can be revived after “cool down” period) and Hardcore (death will be permanent)
- Ability to switch between first-person (FPS) and third-person (TPS) perspectives
- Huge maps ranging between 200 and 400 square kilometers
- Unique social elements, including bounties, rewards, help requests, trap setting, etc.
- Safe Settlements: safe cities within the world where players can purchase, sell and store items as well as post notes for other players
- Single purchase, downloadable client with ability to play full game without subscriptions or requiring in-game transactions
- Dedicated public servers as well as private servers that can be completely self-managed in game client
- Full developer support with regularly scheduled, free content updates
- Meld of PvE (player versus environment) and PvP (player versus player) gameplay