Towns is a city-building RPG in which you are the leader of a small settlement. Give your citizens direction, and watch them work to please you (or slack off, you can't win them all). Design elaborate interiors and exteriors, with tools available to craft a large variety of items.
Dig deep into the earth, acquire resources, explore dungeons, and make sure your town can support your heroes to victory. Check out the trailer below to get a taste of what Towns has to offer:
What kinds of features can you expect?
- Control a small settlement of Townsfolk, and through commands and production queues, ensure their survival in a hostile environment.
- Divide up your Townsfolk to serve, protect, and gather -- three categories branch off into multiple roles for a successful civilization.
- Order the Townsfolk to chop wood, mine stone, and craft structures and buildings such as wheat farms and bakery zones.
- Ensure your Townsfolk remain fed, and you must arm them so that they can defend themselves against hostiles.
- Experience RPG and strategic aspects that are fleshed out over a series of sprawling dungeons crawling with baddies.
- Outfit with a mixture of unique crafted weapons and randomized loot.
- Enjoy a constantly updated product from the SMP team!
You can grab Towns for a reasonable $15 on Steam, the official site, and other digital outlets. But if you're feeling lucky, fifteen entrants will win a Steam code for Towns just by going and entering at http://www.curse.com/sweeps/towns!
We're also holding a building contest, in which you can nab a sweet Logitech peripherals pack for building something awesome that manipulates water or lava. Check out the post here, and be sure to act quickly as we're only accepting entries until April 3rd.
Need help getting started? The Towns Wiki has all the information you need to be successful, including environmental data, gameplay guides, item breakdowns, modifications, and more. Be sure to check it out if you require assistance, and don't forget to browse the screenshot gallery below.