Hi-Rez Studios has launched their anticipated massively multiplayer first-person shooter into closed beta today! The game has gotten a lot of people excited, especially longtime fans of the Tribes franchise.
Tribse: Ascend features innovative and exciting gameplay mechanics including skiing and jetpacks, as well as an excellent array of weapons to wreak havoc on your enemies with. During the closed beta, players can expect these features:
"Many features that are intended for the launched game will not be part of the initial Closed Beta. Other features will only be partially implemented, and may be buggy and/or lack the intended ease-of-use."
"A major purpose of the closed beta is to gather player stats and metrics related to combat gameplay balance and character progression. Based on this, players should expect that some weapons, classes, gamerules and features will undergo significant changes during the Closed Beta."
The following features, although not necessarily at their intended level of final polish, are included:
- A subset of the classes intended for the final game, with additional classes being added over the course of the beta. Note that some weapon models, Special FX and other attributes of the art around the weapons may be temporary.
- A subset of the maps intended for the final game, with additional maps being added over the course of the beta.
- The initial Closed Beta will include the CTF and Rabbit gamemodes.
- Initial system for player advancement
- "Quick Matches" in which players simply hit "Play Now" and are slotted into a new or already-running match based on basic match-making rules.
- A basic Friends List, that allows you to see whether or not your friends are online and to join the match they are currently playing in (if there is room in the match).