The team at Hi-Rez Studios has been churning out updates for Tribes: Ascend, which is currently in closed beta. The massively multiplayer first-person shooter has had a lot of success in closed beta, and users haven't been shy in leaving feedback with the team at Hi-Rez.
Accordingly, the studio released another game update for Tribes: Ascend this morning, bringing the game up to version 0.1.585. In this update, Hi-Rez has introduced Team Deathmatch as a playable game mode on two maps. Additionally, the patch includes:
- Reduced the token amounts required to unlock classes.
- Added a “First Win of the Day” Challenge which rewards additional XP and tokens.
- Fixed a number of bugs that caused sudden speed drops when skiing or jetting uphill.
- Added the “Orbital Strike” call-in. It is similar to the Tactical Strike, with a much wider radius and higher credit cost.
- Settings: “Reduce Weapon Size” option has been added along with many others, including an option to disable help messages.