In a recent beta update for Tribes Ascend, , an early version of the Arx Novena Capture the Flag map has been released for testers to enjoy! Some other changes in this build:
- Added a new “Target Practice” mode under the Training menu. This is a variant of the Crossfire map that contains a variety of bots in it. These can be used to practice shooting.
- Improved vehicle handling in high-latency situations. This is most noticeable on the Shrike.
- Reduced stuttering when skiing/jetting.
- By default, damage numbers appear above a players hit when you damage them. This can be turned off through the Settings menu.
- The game warm-up period has been extended, in order to allow more users to load into the game prior to match start.
- Adjusted flag bounce physics to help prevent punting a flag too far from a large impulse.
For full patch notes concerning additional items and balancing tweaks, check out http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/289. The free-to-play sci-fi shooter is currently in beta; head over to www.tribesascend.com to register for an invitation!