Hi-Rez Studios has been on fire with the closed beta for their upcoming shooter Tribes: Ascend. The team has issued major game updates seemingly every week, based on feedback from the community. Sometimes the updates are for something simple; a tweak here or there to one of the games systems. But other times, like today, we get some pretty major advancements in the road to launch day.
The update that went live this morning introduces a lot of new/tweaked content as well as general bugfixes and adjustments. The full rundown reads:
- The Sentinel, Infiltrator, Technician and Raider classes have new suits/visual aesthetics. The Doombringer and Brute will have modifications in an upcoming patch.
- XP prices of many weapons have been changed. Note that gold prices were not impacted.
- The front-end menu has undergone a significant number of usability improvements and bug fixes. Some of the changes include:
- Easier navigation to modify your class from the in-game class select screen.
- Several improvements to the Friends list layout and usability.
- Reduced clicks to join a quick match.
- Hot-keys to access some menu items.
- A number of bug fixes and cleanups.
- Several maps have had adjustments for performance, playability and aesthetics. More is planned for future releases.