Hi-Rez has already brought over 300,000 players into the closed beta for their upcoming shooter Tribes: Ascend but the team isn't stopping there, announcing this morning that the beta would enter full open beta this Friday, February 24th.
We've been playing the Tribes: Ascend beta and we must say that we are not only impressed by the addicting, fast-paced gameplay but also the frequency that Hi-Rez is rolling out updates for the beta, based directly on community feedback. This is beta testing in its purest form, a community coming together to experience a new game and offer unbiased criticism on what they feel are good features and which aspects of the game need tweaking. Hi-Rez is listening and actively adding or tweaking the beta based on these discussions.
The Tribes: Ascend beta is getting a patch before the game enters open beta this Friday, which includes:
- New game type, Arena Deathmatch, with two initial maps
- New Capture The Flag map, Temple Ruins
- New Team Deathmatch map, Inferno
- Two new unlockable items for the Soldier class: Proximity Grenade and Utility Pack
- New default suits for Doombringer and Brute
- Ability to view either Blood Eagle or Diamond Sword skins from Class menu
- Service supporting Name Change