A new update is now live for Tribes: Ascend, delivering to players some awesome new content, as revealed in their new preview video. Some major highlights of the Tartarus Update:
- A new CTF map has been added, Tartarus.
- A new Arena map has been added, Hinterlands.
- Users may now configure up to four pre-established loadouts per class. These can be used to more quickly switch between favored configurations for each class. Loadout slots are purchasable using XP or Gold.
- Users may now QUICK SWITCH between classes and loadouts while in a match using the “NUMPAD ENTER” key (default). This is an alternate way to change classes/loadouts versus using the Class Select menu ("I" Screen) that does not require you to open the game menu and is much faster.
- Users will now be presented with a customized “DEAL OF THE DAY.” This is a deal tailored to the individual and presents special pricing on an item that the user does not already own. The timer for the deal of the day resets at the same time as the timer for the First Win of the Day.
- The gold packages have been changed. The $30 and $50 packages now give significantly more bonus gold than previous, but do not include an XP booster. Users continue to earn permanent VIP status (which increases XP gain by 50% after their first real-money purchase).
- IMPORTANT USABILITY NOTE: With this release, you always close the console window using the ESCAPE key. You can no longer close the console window using the same key that launches the console (default “tilde”). This is necessary to solve issues when people rebind that key, as well as on some countries’ keyboard layouts.
Additional changes and notes can be found at the official forums.
Tribes: Ascend is a free-to-play FPS for PC with unlockable classes, weapons, skills, and perks. In this sci-fi shooter, players traverse beautiful landscapes with jetpacks and vehicles as they fight to complete objectives and stay alive.