The team over at Ultima Online was kind enough to give us an exclusive sneak-peak at the soon to be released shard "Shard of the Dead". This new shard is producer Cal Crowner's attempt to judge the viability of a full-blown "old school" PvP server. It's also an attempt to re-invigorate players who feel like much of the free-form gameplay and consequence that founded the game no longer exists.
This new server will launch Friday and stay open for a month or two based on popularity. Here's a look at some of the features and highlights of the ruleset for this new server:
Features of "Shard of the Dead"
1. No items will be blessed, except for spellbooks of all types, and runebooks
2. Item insurance system disabled.
3. Always nighttime.
4. No handouts for new players, start the game as you are and work hard to achieve things in game.
5. Accelerate skill gain 10X so players can get to max level quickly.
6. Only Felucca facet will exist.
7. Allow Glass Sword of Shattering (one shot kill sword that shatters when used. Players can only have one at a time and never trade/sell them).
8. New King of the Tower game to obtain Glass Sword.
9. Only one guard zone in Britian.
10. All characters receive advanced character token at login.
11. Players must wait 7 days to delete their characters
To get started, or re-enable an old account visit the UO Account Management page!