There's a new update on the upcoming Vanguard server merges available on VGPlayers. Hasium stopped by to post a list of the servers each will be merging into, as well as information on the Florendyl RP server, Team PVP, Character Naming, Housing, Boats, and other possible issues.
It’s long past time for an updated server merge post. We are still feverishly working on getting the backend work done. We have done several internal tests merging empty servers and are satisfied with the results now. Next up are the internal tests merging servers with characters on them. I realize this is taking longer than I had thought originally and the community was expecting. Do I dare give an ETA? I can say we have at least two weeks of work and testing to be done still. We are doing our best to get it done as soon as possible, but we only have one shot at so it needs to be right.
So on to the updated details. Obviously not everyone is going to be happy with the final rules. I will do my best to give the reasons behind the decisions, but ultimately they are driven on what we will is best for the long term health of the game.
- There will be 2 US PVE, 1 EU PVE, and 1 US PVP server.
- Xeth PVE US
- Seradon PVE US
- Halgar PVE EU
- Sartok PVP US FFA
- Xeth PVE US
- All existing servers will go away and everyone will be moved to new servers.
- Each character will get one free server move after the merge.
- PVP players will be able to move to PVP OR PVE servers.
- PVE players will only be able to move to PVE servers.
- PVP rule set will be FFA.
Xeth, Seradon, Halgar and Sartok were the server names with the most votes.