A content update has been added to Wakfu, adding new maps, bosses, and revised systems for dungeon loot! Here's what you can expect in Content Update 1.1: Global Alliance:
- Two new high-level zones have been discovered: Lands of Kelba and the Sadida Kingdom. No longer associated to Amakna and Bonta exclusively as it was in Beta, these areas have since declared independence to become their own neutral islands.
- New content is designed to facilitate level 60 - 100.
- Each island will have at least one unique creature family (Crobaks and Boowolves) complete with associated items and equipment sets along with its very own exclusive dungeon.
- Each island is neutral; they cannot be conquered but they are governed by a Clan Member which oversees their own ecosystem, as well.
- Happy to have such an international alliance, all nations have a special ferry rate: only a one-time fee will be charged (visa processing fee), with all subsequent visit charges rendered waived!
- Not everything is butterflies and rainbows, however; very powerful creatures lurk in these areas and it won’t be wise to approach one without several comrades…
- The Loot System has been improved overall:
- Better balanced drop-rates
- Certain unique items, such as equipment sets, have become more rare
- Resources are easier to obtain while in a group, and those of lower quality (i.e. wool and horns) will be found in much high quantities
- A minimum Prospecting rate is now required to allow certain items to drop
- Prospecting (the base rate plus bonus) will now stack group-wise in order to unlock certain items
- Within a group, members who have the least Prospecting rate will not be penalized by those who have the highest rate.
- The number of group members has a direct effect on the number of objects obtained; this does not affect the maximum number of items available.
- To summarize: the more people you play with, the more chances at loot you’ll have. As this was note the case with the old system, we wanted to offer you a better way to manage rewards while in Solo play versus Group play.
- Prospecting will increase your personal chances of having an item drop, with each creature having a maximum number of possible items to drop.
- The system has not been balanced to favor Enutrofs, but instead, to ensure that the number of items that drop reflect the amount of group members that helped contribute to obtaining the items in the first place.
All of the class and feature changes can be reviewed at the full patch notes posted on the official site. In addition, two new class videos have been released today for Wakfu, this time covering the Enutrof and Feca!
Wakfu, published by Square Enix and developed by Ankama, is a new MMORPG with tactical turn-based combat and dynamic environments which every player affects through their actions. There are multiple facets to the game, including very extensive crafting systems, powerful political mechanics, and tons of classes to choose from and customize.