Square Enix has announced a series of Wakfu visions which they intend to implement by year's end! Included among these changes:
- World Bosses will become more accessible and made more interesting.
- Shustuft Crust arcade dungeon will be replaced with a new mobile arena concept: In these dungeons that you’ll be able to find throughout the World of Twelve, you’ll challenge waves of foes! Whether you’re alone or in a group, you’ll share the same goal: survival. And whether or not you’re a Premium Member, you’ll be able to take advantage of these new areas and unlock exclusive items.
- It has been a long-standing request to structure PvP in a manner that not only makes it interesting, but easier to manage random aggression. This is why the system will be revised, and in particular, through the use of new rules. Taking advantage of this fine opportunity, special PvP gear will be added, designed to extend the duration of brawls, therefore allowing real tactics to enter into play!
- Political System: New laws, increased regulations, Citizenship Point gain/loss balancing, citizenship-related bonuses… these and more will be added to the game, vastly improving your experience and ending the various forms of political abuse plaguing servers.
- Haven Worlds will be their attempt at real player and guild housing. Offering more than your standard Haven Bag, they'll be giving you the power to create real worlds. Guilds will be able to customize these unexplored areas entirely – from the landscape to the buildings themselves; your imagination will be the limit!
- Guild-versus-Guild combat will also make a debut at the same time.
- Questing: A new system will be integrated which will consider surrounding environmental triggers. Furthermore, additional quests will be added with the intent to help guide progression and encourage world exploration.
- Better information access, including new site post organization, in-game newspapers, and text and video inserts on the launch screen for new updates.
- Krosmaster Arena: Tournaments, rankings, rewards, exclusive items for the MMO, and virtual figurines... Between two dungeons, PvP fans will be able to compete against each other and even have the opportunity to challenge DOFUS players!
- The Foggernauts! These strangers will be the newest race introduced to the World of Twelve! Being an aquatic and technological race, these people will make their way into WAKFU in the next few months. As we inch closer to their arrival, more facts will be released pertaining to this new class.
- Trool Fair: This new zone, arriving in July, will contain a large number of attractions, shows and rides in the form of mini-games (another popular community request). This new content will be made with the goal of providing a unique experience completely different from what else can be found in the World of Twelve.
- Improvement of class gameplay: In the short-term, they will focus on improving the Sadida, Osamodas, and Feca classes.
Wakfu, published by Square Enix and developed by Ankama, is a new MMORPG with tactical turn-based combat and dynamic environments which every player affects through their actions. There are multiple facets to the game, including very extensive crafting systems, powerful political mechanics, and tons of classes to choose from and customize.