Paradox Plaza's medieval third-person team combat game War of the Roses has officially launched today on leading digital distribution platforms! The melee brawler is inspired by the historic 15th century English civil war of the same name, and can be purchased for $29.99.
The king has fallen with no clear successor and two powerful English houses are vying for the coveted crown of England. You step into armor donning the vibrant, albeit tarnished, colors of your liege lord and march alongside your fellow knights into a battle frayed with confusion and the clash of steel on steel. With arrows and bolts grazing past your cheeks, you head deep into the skirmish in an attempt to show your enemies exactly which rose is the most powerful. Sharpen your blades and prepare yourself for War of the Roses, where skill is not an unlock.
- Over 30 authentic weapons across 10 weapon categories. Everything from Billhooks to Bastard swords, Longbows to Lances!
- Customize your gear: choose fighting style, blade type, metal type, and much more!
- Over a dozen customizable helmets. Paint your helmet, attach crests, plumes, coifs and visors for greater fashion or function.
- Choose armor from 3 different types; light, medium, and heavy. All with their own unique consequences and benefits.
- Over 30 play-style changing perks that let you create truly unique characters with special abilities like eagle eye or shield bash.
- Groundbreaking Mounted Gameplay! Melee combat will never be the same, mount up and experience new tactical and visceral thrills.
- Create your own coat of arms with near limitless combinations as you choose your division, ordinary, charge, and crest.
- Experience a deep leveling system as you rise through the ranks, gaining new titles, weapons, gear, and much more!
- Battle online through 7 historically inspired war zones as you experience the conflict between Lancaster & York first hand.
- Vicious 64 player competition in both Team Death Match and Conquest modes
A livestream is running today to celebrate, featuring Senior Producer Gordon Van Dyke and some special guests for the release! Head to www.twitchtv.com/paradoxinteractive to get in on the festivities, and visit www.waroftherosesthegame.com/buy to enter the battle for either York or Lancaster.