Paradox Plaza's and Fatshark's medieval third-person team combat game War of the Roses has been keeping players busy fighting since launch, and to keep the ball rolling the team has planned some feature-filled content updates for the next few months.
This melee brawler inspired by the historic 15th century English civil war of the same name is getting amped up with new sets of weaponry and armor, additional game modes, and new maps. The first update is set to launch in November, and includes:
- One new Milanese Knights Hospitaller crafted Heavy Armor, with over 10 paint options to choose from.
- Seven new weapons: gothic mace, rondel dagger, halberd, Hospitaller pollaxe, horn spanned crossbow, new arming sword, and an Italian side sword.
- A new helmet and four new visors
- Mode Pitched Battle, where soldiers for the houses of Lancaster and York will soon learn to value their lives
- Two new maps inspired by the battles of Wakefield and Towton, complete with a new weather mechanic which will pelt the field with sleet and snow