WarhammerAlliance.com has posted an update from the Herald. Updates include a massive effort by Warhammer Online to get players back to the game, informative posts and insights from Mythic/EA Devs, rumors about what might be up and coming, and a spotlight on recently updated fan art! To comment on these and all updates visit the WarhammerAlliance.com for the best coverage of Warhammer Online!
Here's the official update from Warhammer Alliance:
News from the Herald
News from the official Warhammer Online site Herald
- Call to Arms: Re-enlistment A massive reenlistment effort is under way to get people back to the WAAAGH! Full details on the Call to Arms: Re-enlistment Program can be found here.
- Select Server Downtime - 3/12/2009 Select servers were brought down again for a third day in a row to complete the server mergers. All servers have since been brought back online.
Chaos Feature Get to know the gods of Chaos. Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh,
Tzeentch are amongst those detailed.
Quote:"Only fools believe themselves able to understand Chaos, for it is neither human nor understandable. The mortal scholars and mystics that dare debate about its nature only succeed in drawing the attention of the vile creatures upon them; they call down terrors and doom upon themselves and those they love. Many wise men were carried, alive and screaming, into the morgues of the Inevitable City, where they could eternally “debate” with demons of torture. Some scholars claim that Chaos, in its multifariousness, has spawned an endless number of gods. Others say all those seemingly different deities are nothing but aspects and manifestations of a single supernatural being: the nameless horror, the abomination, the unspeakable beast, the Undivided Chaos. But its true nature exceeds each and every imagination. No mortal can ever hope to understand such madness and he who values his very soul should strive to remain ignorant about the gods of Chaos; their fights, their rivalries, their endless wars."
- Unknown author
Straight from the Source
Informative posts and insights from the Mythic/EA devs
- Grab Bag Questions Needed! has once again been posted by Jess. This one is slated to be wide open, no holds barred, anything about WAR Grab Bag; well, anything that's been announced or currently in the game now that is.
On the Horizon
Rumors about what might be up and coming
- Mythic Producer Destin Bales on the Dev Tracker made an interesting comment about possible up coming features to aid in searching for and finding a guild.
The question was asked:Quote:This is probably something everyone already knows, but I have been playing WAR for about a month and I have leveled a bunch of different characters to level 10 and found that I like my WH, which is now level 20. I want to find a guild I can join with to work together as a group, but I have no idea how to do that.
Can you tell me the obvious solution I must be missing?
Destin replied:Quote:We have some excellent in-game features in the development pipeline regarding this question!
Don't know what, but what I've seen in other games it may include website functions, in game search, top 100s, etc. This is all idle speculation and only time will tell.
Around the Net
- MMORPG.com interviewed Jeff Hickman recently. An interesting feature being added that was discussed is the "Rally Call". All in all, a good read.That's it for now. Check back for any updates as we get them.
Spotlight on: Fan Art!
- Ariwyn Spotlighted ll Monsters ll awesome pencil drawing of a Choppa, and the photoshopped version afterwards. All of you Choppa lovers, and Choppa haters, make sure you check it out!