News from the WAR front has been a bit quiet as of a late. Most of the attention seems to be being put on the testing on the Public Test Server and the 1.2.1 patch. Today we've got a spotlight on new screenshots again from Ashelyn, they rock pretty hard btw, news from the Herald, and some development posts form the War Dev Tracker!
Here are the latest WAAAGH! news headlines from WarhammerAlliance.com:
Spotlight on: Screenshots!
- The Spotlights are now in an open forum, so be sure leave your feedback. The Spotlight today is on Screenshots. Community member Ashelyn had some very nice ones to share.
News From the Herald
News from the US and EU Warhammer Online Heralds
Both the EU and US Heralds featured a write up on Squig Herders. A career that gets passed by sometimes and not rightly so. Overall a good write up.
Straight From the Source
"Straight from the Source" details important Developer Posts from that day's Tracker
- Apparently there has been an issue with guilds either claiming or releasing their claim on keeps. James Nichols tells us that CSR's cannot assist with Standard Bearer issues so in game petitions will not help. He anticipates that these issues should be resolved by the time 1.2.1 goes live, which is soon.
- James Nichols also addressed cleave and other undefendable attacks. He says they have a fix and should be out by the time 1.3 is on the servers. Not quite sure what that is at this time.
- Adam Gershowitz acknowledged that the AoE radius and such is still bugged on test as well as on live.
Quote:We're aware of this item, in actually AoE now has the same "grace" range for checking for hits that Direct damage and Melee abilities have. This can add up to an additional 10 feet in radius to the ability. If you want to get an idea of how much extra range this really is you can easily grab any character turn on auto attack and then back up (from a stationary monster / character) until you cannot auto attack anymore. This is essentially 0 feet range, b/c auto attack has no range on it.
We're continuing to watch how this effects RvR and the player response to the issue and will likely make an adjustment to AoE radius in the patch after 1.2.1 as part of our ongoing steps to work AoE into a useful but managable role.
Around the Net
- Although not WAR related, I wanted to say farewell to Dave Areneson. The co-creator of Dungeons and Dragons lost his battle to cancer yesterday at the age of 61. Both him and Gary Gygax who predeceased him last year in March have made much of what a RPG is today, in both pencil and paper as well as video games. He will be missed.