posted the weekly round up focused on all things WAAAGH! There's been alot of
testing this week as Mythic has been enticing as many players aspossible to the
Public Test Server to test our some of the new RvR mechanics, the Keep Upgrade
System, and several other 1.2.1 changes.
Here's the Warhammer Weekly Round-Up:
This week in WAR has been primarily a test week. That is Mythic has been
trying to get as many players as possible on the Public Test Server to test out
the new RvR mechanics, Keep Upgrade System, and the other changes coming with
- Focus testing on the new Keep Upgrade system began on the PTS. A good preview was outlined before testing began.
- The EU Herald reported a world first, the defeat of Emperor Karl Franz. This feat was accomplished on the server Karak Eight Peaks on April 6th.
- [url=http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3890240#3890240]Transfers of guilds from the Ostermark server was plagued with problems. Mythic began a case by case solution and requested that a CSR appeal be made to remedy any issues.
- Warhammer Alliance's has come to an end with Josh Dresceher barely beating out Paul Barnett 208 to 205.
- Keep Upgrade System and Tier 4 RvR were the focus on the PTS. Mythic put out a [http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=737]Ready to Rumble Call
- to get as many as possible involved.
- GOA took down the Eltharion, Karak Eight Peaks and Karak-Azgal servers today at 8:00 CET and were back online at 10:45 CET to process another wave of automatic transfers from low population servers.
- The Warhammer Alliance Podcast 8 was aided a great deal by you, the community. It featured scenario strategies, the new Archmage/Shaman upcoming potential changes and more.
- A Squig Herder Feature was presented on both the EU and US Heralds. It spotlighted the class in perhaps a new light for some.
- Although not WAR related, said farewell to Dave Areneson. The co-creator of Dungeons and Dragons lost his battle to cancer at the age of 61; WAR would probably not exist today without his contributions to the RPG genres.
- The Dev Diary - The Land of the Dead had some information on the upcoming live update from Senior Designer Gabe Amantangelo, from the planning phase to implementation and release.
- The WAH, 04/12/09 - The Day The Pride Stood Still Once again PhoneixRed gives us his take on various facets of WAR. Today's installment is on Realm Pride.