Wargaming.net announced today Update 7.4 for their free-to-play armored combat MMO World of Tanks, including new game modes, maps, and combat vehicles!
"With the current version we are proud to introduce two unique game modes, which could be really exciting and challenging for those who prefer complicated combat assignments", noted Mike Zhivets, producer of World of Tanks project. "The fans of French armored vehicles will also be pleasantly surprised with a rich collection of long range SPGs and tank destroyers, which definitely will make the game more tactically oriented and strategically planned."
- Encounter - invites two sides to fight for one base.
- Assault - sets the players in the roles of attackers and defenders where the former have superior combat capabilities.
- French long-range SPGs - Renault BS, Lorraine 39 L AM, AMX 105 AM, AMX-13 F3 AM, Lorraine 155 (50), Lorraine 155 (51), and Bat. Chatillon 155
- French tank destroyers - Renault FT AC, Renault UE 57, Somua Sau 40, S 35 CA, ARL V 39, AMX AC de 100, AMX AC de 120, and AMX 50 Foch
- Widepark - fight among the half ruined buildings and park location of a badly burned German town. Bums of heavies will have lots of joy by planning deadly ambushes in the dense labyrinth made of the ruins and numerous trees using them as excellent cover opportunities for assault.
- Airfield - takes the players away to the airfield somewhere in the North Africa. The location is decorated with antique ruined antique temples, palm trees and beautiful Mediterranean Sea sights. Rocky hills provide excellent shooting points for those who prefer "high ground" strategy.
World of Tanks is a free-to-play armored warfare MMO by Wargaming.net with highly customizable and flexible gameplay. Upgrade and develop authentic vehicles, and try tons of weapons. Each unit type has strengths and weaknesses, and in the right hands can help to make or break team objectives.
For more information, or to register and play for free, visit http://worldoftanks.com/registration/.