The way Archaeology is implemented currently in World of Warcraft is... cumbersome, to say the least. Luckily we have the awesome addon author community to help with the pains of using the default interface. daihenka has put together an amazing addon called Archy, specifically designed to help with anyone working on their Archaeology skill -- or those still looking to fill out those last few artifact discoveries.
Easily navigate to the nearest digsites.
It comes chock-full of features, including TomTom support -- allowing an arrow to guide you to the nearest dig site -- and is updated fairly frequently to squash any issues in the code. This addon is an absolute must-have for anyone currently working on, or considering taking up Archaeology.
- On-screen movable list for the dig sites on the continent you are current on
- On-screen movable list of the artifacts you are researching that can be filtered to display only the races for the continent you are on
- Racial fragment types are automatically recorded for dig sites that you visit
- Solve artifacts with (left click) or without (right click) keystones by clicking on the racial crest icon in the on-screen artifacts list
- TomTom support to help you navigate between dig sites
- Able to display dig sites on the minimap (closest only or all dig sites)
- Blacklist dig sites in the on-screen digsite list by right clicking on the dig site name. Perfect for when you have a bugged node or a dig site that is in a zone that you dislike.
- Sound triggers for when you have enough fragments and/or keystones to solve an artifact
- A counter for how many times you have successfully dug at a dig site
- A dig recorder to see where at a dig site you have successful dug
Head over to the Archy addon page to download it, learn more and interact with daihenka.