New World of Warcraft addons are not always easy to discover, for many reasons, and so I’ll be focusing on spotlighting new addons that could be very handy for you to use. In this first edition of “New Addon Spotlight,” I’ll be covering WhisperWhisper by Blacksen. He’s created a few addons in the past, and he’s now set his sights on a lightweight chat addon inspired by SLDataText and WhisperFu (no longer in development).
I can’t promise that these spotlight pieces will always have a video, but Blacksen was kind enough to make one for WhisperWhisper.
- Flash Alerts that can be customized with color, flash duration, textures, and combat status.
- Import fonts using SharedMedia
- Change the add-ons size and color to better “match” your UI.
- Conversations saved between sessions
- Completely functional with Battle.net/RealID
- Alternate Display mode for people with several whisper conversations
WhisperWhisper is a World of Warcraft add-on that helps players keep track of private conversations. Inspired by two popular add-ons, SLDataText and Whisperfu, this add-on creates an extremely lightweight frame that acts as a mouse-over portal to whisper conversations. More importantly, the add-on can be significantly customized to aesthetically match any UI by customizing colors, fonts, font sizes, and alerts. Additionally, WhisperWhisper uses the LibDataBroker library to directly integrate with several popular display add-ons such as ChocolateBar or Titan Panel.