Yesterday was Labor Day which resulted in less blue posts than normal.
Ongoing Wintergrasp Changes
Quote from: Kalgan (Source)
Here's a quick update on some of the things coming to Wintergrasp over the course of the next few beta updates.
Something else we're hoping to get in, but aren't certain of at this point is the ability to select which graveyard you respawn at.
- Graveyards will be inaccessible to attackers (ie: above normal terrain) to put a damper on gy camping.
- Ranking up will be based on HKs rather than killing blows (was always intended to be HKs)
- In the case of team imbalances, there will be escalating bonuses to the weaker team (for both honor and combat effectiveness... mostly survivability bonuses and potentially easier access to vehicles)
- The losing team will receive a partial bonus at the end of a battle (also based on participation)
- Players will be able to leave Wintergrasp at any time (via a "Leave Battle" UI option similar to leaving a battleground)
- A variety of daily quests will be introduced to the zone, including quests that are relevant when the battle isn't currently active
- Ongoing tuning of vehicle power (they're still on the strong side)
- Ongoing bugfixing and polish
WotLK Beta - Blue Posts
About the future Riding Crop
The jury is still out on what's going to happen to the crop. We hope to have a solution soon. The main goal was to get the riding crop out of the trinket slot. It's very common to end up in combat with a riding crop equipped which wasn't very fun. It was also tedious to have to swap trinkets everytime you mounted (even with a mod like Outfitter or with macros).
We ran into some technical issues when we switched over to our new mount system. So the crop is somewhat in flux. The main design goal is "not a trinket". (src)
Possible feature - Flightpath stop
This has idea has already likely been suggested but it would be really nice if you could hit a button and on extended flights you could stop at the next flightpath on the way.
We've debated this for some time. It's still a possibility. (src)
Achievements - Zehvra Mount & Feat of Strength
This one has been changed to be a Feat of Strength. (src)
More PvP Achievements in the works
We're going to be adding Wintergrasp and Strand of the Ancients achievements soon so any brainstorming by you guys is welcome. (src)
Achievements - Feat of Strength for Poisons?
This is a cool idea. We'll look into it although depending on how the class team handled the removal of poisons, we may or may not be able to do this as a Feat. (src)
Obliterate & Scourge Strike
I think Obliterate just needs to do more damage and Scourge Strike less. They are very similar abilities so it's easy to imagine numbers balanced in such a way that Obliterate is fun for Blood (when you don't need Death Strike) and Scourge Strike is an improvement to Obliterate for Unholy without being the only talent you ever need in that tree. (src)