Even more news on the latest beta build; this one being 8770. We have word from the EU Community team about the official updates to the patch notes, as well as a number of undocumented changes -- including professions like blacksmithing, engineering and tailoring -- along with a new Warrior skill. The skill is still NYI, but the details on that and everything else can be found below.
WotLK Beta - Patch Notes Update
Blue Poster Wryxian highlighted the new changes added to the official beta patch notes.
- Spell casting and spell channelling pushback has been changed to the following:
- When casting a spell:
- The first and second hit will add .5 secs each to the cast time.
- All hits after the second will have no effect.
- When channelling a spell:
- The first and second hit reduces current duration by 25% of total duration each.
- All hits after the second will have no effect.
- Feral Swiftness: The movement speed buff can now be used indoors.
- Arcane Shot: No longer dispels magic effects.
- Aspect of the Beast: Now increases your melee attack power by 10%.
- Counterattack: Damage increased by 20%, and now also scales with your Ranged Attack Power.
- Mongoose Bite: No longer requires you to dodge in order to use this ability.
- Savage Strikes: Now includes Counterattack.
- Tranquilizing Shot: Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20), and now dispels Enrage and Magic effects.
- Wingclip: No longer does damage.
- Impact moved to tier 3, reduced to 3 ranks for 4/7/10% chance to trigger, now triggers from any damaging spell (Fire, Frost or Arcane).
- Improved Mana Shield has been renamed to Arcane Shielding , reduces mana lost per damage absorbed by 17/33%,and now also increases resistances granged by Mage Armor by 25/50%.
- Mana Shield now drains 1.5 mana per damage absorbed.
- Summoned Water Elemental's Waterbolt range increased, mana cost reduced, Freeze range increased, mana cost increased.
- Winter's Chill reduced to 3 ranks, Frost damage spells have a 33/66/100% chance to trigger the effect and the effect increases chance to crit with Arcane, Fire and Frost spells.
- Improved Lightning Shield (Enhancement) is now Improved Shields, and is in Tier-2.
- Dark Pact: Tooltip updated to be more consistent with other similar effects and now restores 200% mana leeched from your summoned Demon, up from 100%.
- Ritual of Souls: Charges increased to 25, up from 10.
- Improved Shield Wall will now reduce cooldown by 30/60 seconds.
- Recklessness now increases the critical hit chance of the next 3 special ability attacks by 100%, lasts 12 seconds, cooldown reduced to 5 minutes.
- Retaliation duration reduced to 12 seconds, charges reduced to 12, cooldown reduced to 5 minutes.
- Shield Block now increases chance to block and amount blocked by 100% for 5 seconds. Cooldown increased to 30 seconds.
- The Winterfin Caverns are once again named and player characters should be able to wear King Mrgl-Mrgl's Spare Suit within them.
Build 8770 - New Changes Part 2
Some changes (professions, glyphs, class) we did not to mention in our original post about 8770 changes.
- Socket Bracer - Permanently add a socket to your bracers. Requires a level 60 or higher item.
- Socket Gloves - Permanently add a socket to your gloves. Requires a level 60 or higher item.
- Delicious Roasted Boar - Creates a delicious roast boar platter for you and your friends to enjoy.
- Scrapbot - Creates a mechanical vendor that buys anything. The scrapbot leaves after 5 min.
- Nitro Boosts - Permanently attaches overpowered nitro boosts to a pair of boots, allowing a skilled engineer to greatly increase run speed for until cancelled. The nitro boosts can only be activated every 5 minutes.
- Gnomish Lightning Generator - Generates a bolt of lightning to strike an enemy for 2250 to 2750 Nature damage. This entire device is made of metal, and the bolt occasionally hits you.
- Belt-Clipped Spynoculars - Permanently attaches a pair of spynoculars to your belt, allowing you to see far away. Only a skilled engineer can use the spynoculars.
- Flexweave Underlay - Permanently attaches a flexweave underlay to a cloak, allowing a skilled engineer to turn the cloak into a parachute to fall slowly for 10 sec. The cloak can only be used every 5 minutes.
- Heartseeker Scope - Attaches a permanent scope to a bow or gun that increases its ranged critical strike rating by 40.
- Micro Stabilizer - Attaches a permanent micro stabilizer to a bow or gun that increases your ranged hit rating by 40.
- Hyperspeed Accelerators - Permanently attaches hyperspeed accelerators to a pair of gloves, allowing a skilled engineer to increase their haste rating by 340 for 8 sec. The gloves can only be activated every few minutes.
- Personal Electromagnetic Pulse Generator - Permanently attaches a high-powered device to your belt, allowing you to stun nearby mechanicals. Only a skilled engineer can activate the modified belt.
- Saronite Grenade (45 yd range, instant) - Inflicts 540 to 900 Fire damage and incapacitates targets for 3 sec in a 3 yard radius. Any damage will break the effect. Unreliable against targets higher than level 90.
- Saronite Bomb (45 yd range, instant) - Inflicts 1125 to 1875 Fire damage and medium siege damage in a 10 yard radius.
Note: When you use this skill you might gain herbalism points and it make flowers grow and bloom all around you. (Screenshot)
- Wild Growth - Embrace the natural energies surrounding you, healing you for 2000 over 15 sec.
- Brilliant Spellthread - Permanently embroiders spellthread into pants, increasing spell power by 50 and Spirit by 20.
- Azure Spellthread - Permanently embroiders spellthread into pants, increasing spell power by 35 and Stamina by 20.
- Shining Spellthread - Permanently embroiders spellthread into pants, increasing spell power by 35 and Spirit by 12.
- Lightweave Embroidery - Embroiders a subtle pattern of light into your cloak, giving you a chance to cause an additional 800 to 1000 Holy damage when you damage an enemy with a spell. You can only embroider your own cloak and embroidering your cloak will cause it to become soulbound.
- Darkglow Embroidery - Embroiders a magical pattern into your cloak, giving you a chance to restore 300 mana when you cast a spell.You can only embroider your own cloak and embroidering your cloak will cause it to become soulbound.
- Swordguard Embroidery - Embroiders a magical pattern into your cloak, causing your damaging melee attacks to sometimes ignore 1000 of your target's armor. You can only embroider your own cloak and embroidering your cloak will cause it to become soulbound.
Mage (not confirmed)
- Glyph of the Red Lynx (Druid) - You appear as a red lynx in your Cat Form.
Mirror Image (NYI) - level 80 spell
10% of base
Instant cast - 3 min cooldown
Creates 3 copies of the caster nearby, which cast spells and attack the mage's enemies. Lasts 30 sec.
- Grand Firestone - While applied to target weapon it increases damage dealt by direct spells by 1% and spell critical strike rating by 49. Lasts for 1 hour.
- Grand Spellstone - While applied to target weapon it increases damage dealt by periodic spells by 1% and spell haste rating by 60. Lasts for 1 hour.
Enraged Assault (NYI) - level 75 skill
15 Rage 5 yd range
Requires Melee Weapon
A furious assault that consumes an Enrage effect on the warrior and attacks with all weapons. Can only be used while Enraged.