csulok over at World of Raids has a great recap of the Dungeon & Raids Panel that just took place at the Worldwide Invitational. There was some exciting information shared, such as no attunement/faction requirements for Heroic dungeons, a heavy focus on introducing PVP rewards through PVE as well as the PVP system -- though these rewards will not be as good as you'll find via the top-end PVP spectrum -- and many other details. Read on for the full recap of the panel.
What's new in WotLK?
- 10/25 player raids for every single raid zone.
- heroics will be featured in WotLK
- more non-linear content, more than 1 way to get to a boss and defeat it (example: Occulus)
- Spirit Shard reward system for every dungeon connected to Wintergrasp. Whoever controls Wintergrap will add all unique items and enchantments to all dungeon and raid bosses for the controlling faction
- 8 level-up dungeons
- 4 max level dungeons meaning 12 heroic dungeons altogether
- 3 Tier7 raid instances
- separate loot by a full Tier between a 10 and 25 man raid
- more loot in 25 man raids, because there are more players
- more accessible heroic dungeons, wider variety of setups will be successful in them
- 1 hour dungeon experiences
- better quests, not only kill the boss, kill 10 creatures.
- Gun'drak - 80 dungeon in Zul'drak. Accumulation of a large questline that encompasses the entire zone. Feel more connected to the story, understand why stuff happened
- Arthas will be kept as the last boss, like Kil'jaeden, won't be patched in earlier
- PvP gear from the PvE system. Won't be the best loot, but it gives access and an early starting gear
- Items that work for more classes. Remove unnecessary stats from classes that keep loot separated. Merge stats so that items work with at least 3 classes
- faction shouldn't feel like a grind. Championing: equipping a tabard for the faction rewards you reputation when in any dungeon
- remove faction requirement from heroic dungeons
- Death Knight isn't intended to replace any class
- Level 80 dungeon in Coldarra. First dungeon where you can fly inside. Players get a drake, mount it and fight with individual spells. Some drakes heal, some tank, some damage!
- Series of flying rings, you can choose what order you defeat the mobs on the rings
- 2 dungeons and 1 raid in Storm Peaks
- Halls of Stone: level 77 dungeon. Closely tied with Titan lore. Has Iron Dwarfs!
- Halls of Lightning next to it, level 80 dungeon.
- There's a raid wing in Ulduar as well
- Continues the Uldaman platinum disc quest line with the the history and creation of Azeroth
Caverns of Time - Culling of Stratholme
- built because of player feedback
- level 80 dungeon, fully scripted
- fighting alongside Arthas before he was corrupted by the Lich King
- timed encounters, non-linear paths on the streets of Stratholme
- same voice talents for Jaine, Uther, Arthas as in Warcraft 3!
- Infinite Dragonflight will cause troubles here as well
- players will start outside the city in the forest when they enter the dungeon
How will legendary drops work in WotLK?
They prefer like how Atiesh worked, but time restrictions may interfere.
Will there be attunements in WotLK or only gearchecks
No attunements on initial level 80 content (including Naxxramas), level-up dungeons, or Heroics.