2.4.2 Patch Notes Updated
The 2.4.2 Patch Notes have been updated.
- Talent: Primal Fury (Rank 2) will now be properly unlearned when it is untalented.
- Talent: (Restoration)- Natural Perfection will no longer proc by normal melee attacks.
- Aspect of the Viper: This ability now grants an additional amount of mana each 5 seconds equal to 35% of the hunter’s level.
- Boar Charge: This ability will no longer make Growl cast immediately after it generates excessive threat.
- The pet ability Growl will no longer scale with pet Attack Power.
- Scare Beast: The range on this spell has been increased to 30 yards and it is now instant cast.
- Polymorph: Mounted creatures will no longer remain mounted while polymorphed.
- Mage Armor no longer reduces the duration of beneficial magic buffs.
- Molten Armor will now do damage while a damage absorption shield is active.
- Flash of Light and Holy Light will now work properly with castsequence macros.
- Seal of the Crusader: This ability now increases the damage dealt by Crusader Strike by 40%.
- Crusader Strike (Retribution) will now properly receive a damage increase from Seal of The Crusader.
- Talent: Precision (Ranks 1-3) will no longer improperly display daggers and staves as a weapon class in the tooltip.
- Paladins that already have Apprentice Riding skill can now properly learn Summon Warhorse from the trainer.
- Fear Ward will no longer be consumed while under the effects of cyclone.
- Mana Burn: This spell can no longer trigger effects that require the target to be struck with a critical hit.
- Power Word:Shield now has the correct sound associated with it and can no longer be heard from large distances.
- Talent: Power Infusion will now consume the correct amount of mana when cast on yourself.
- Ability: Blade Flurry: This ability can no longer hit critters as its secondary targets and will now use a proper range calculation for all secondary targets.
- Talent: Mutilate (Assassination) will no longer incorrectly appear multiple times in the combat log when used.
- Ability: Frostbrand Weapon: Rank 6 damage has been increased very slightly.
- Drain Soul: Channeling of this spell will now always stop when a player target dies.
- Pets: Using a sacrifice effect to kill your own pet will no longer trigger effects that should only occur when killing an enemy.
- Sweeping Strikes: This ability can no longer hit critters as its secondary targets and will now use a proper range calculation for all secondary targets.
- Brann Bronzebeard’s Lost Letter: This item will no lonber display a damage range in its tooltip.
- Crusader’s Scaled Battlegear: Tooltip spelling corrected.
- Elixir of Demonslaying: This elixir now grants ranged attack power against demons as intended.
- Hazza’rah’s Charm of Healing Haste rating reduced.
- Nightfall now has a chance to fail on targets over level 60.
- Ravager: Judgements will no longer auto-refresh and break the effect from this item while its effect is active.
- Renataki’s Charm of Trickery has had its energy reduced.
- Shard of Azzinoth no longer shares any cooldown with Shaman Elemental totems.
- Shattered Sun Pendant of Might: The triggered effect from this item will no longer break Scattershot or other crowd-controlling affects. The visual on the Scryer version has been updated.
- Shifting Naaru Silver: Using this item no longer puts players into combat.
- Silithyst Dust: The bonus from turning this item in no longer works for players above level 63.
- Ten Storms Set: The Chain Heal bonus from this set has been reduced by 5%.
- Wushoolay’s Charm of Nature Haste rating has been reduced.
Activision was the company that came up the plans to merge with Blizzard
The CEO of Activision, Bobby Kotick was recently interviewed by Conde Nast’s Portfolio Magazine. Where he reveals that his board of directors and himself came up with the idea to attempt the merge that is now known as Activision Blizzard, currently the biggest gaming company merger in the world, the value is estaimed to $19 bilion to be exact.
You can find out more by reading this article.
Daily Blue (Blizzard) Posts
Via World of Raids
2.4.2: Hunter Pet Growl Change
Growl was scaling incorrectly before so it's been changed to scale with the hunter's AP starting at around 1200 AP. Other pet abilities such as bite, claw, etc will still scale with pet AP.
Upcoming Arena Change: New rule
If a team does not enter an arena match that is starting they will lose points equal to the amount that would have been deducted if they had played and lost.
This change makes it less viable to participate in illegitimate team match-ups by requiring every game be played; not just those that are against a team's desired opponent.
Will Season 3 non-set items stay available?
Yes, the Season 3 honor items will still be available for purchase without a rating requirement after Season 4 starts. There will be two sets of "non-set" items once Season 4 begins. The Season 4 honor items (boot/belt/bracer/etc) some of which will require a rating, and the Season 3 items (boot/belt/bracer/etc) which still won't require any rating.
Just to sum up, when Season 4 begins:
- Season 1 honor set: Removed
- Season 2 arena set: Moved to honor, no rating requirement
- Season 3 non-set honor items: Staying
- Season 3 arena set: Arena rating and cost requirements lowered
- Season 4 non-set honor items: Added with rating requirement
- Season 4 arena set: Added to Arena with increased rating requirement
Is the S3 BG gear becoming cheaper with the introduction of S4 gear or is it remaining price wise where it is?
They'll be a little bit cheaper, yeah.
WotLK: Death Knight starting level, "converting" an existing character to a DK
We haven't completely finalized a number, but we plan to have them start at a level lower than 70. We didn't have Draenei or Blood Elves start at a higher level when they first entered the game so we are aiming to make this Hero Class at a good level to learn abilities but also get to Northrend a little faster.
We did consider the option of "converting" an existing character to a Deathknight, it was one of the first thoughts really, we just have to keep in mind what also sounds like fun game play. Leveling a character just to throw it away doesn't really fit this very well.
Arena Tournament: Regarding point penalties
With phase 2 beginning today, records have been reset and there is a penalty for adding players to a team. The practice phase has ended and now the fighting matters. You can still create a new team, you'll just have to earn the point penalties back, so good luck in your matches if that's the case!
When phase 3 begins the teams will be locked and no changes allowed.
No race change for an existing character
Race change will not be implemented, sorry.
No plans to change the current currency system
We do watch the economy of the game but we don't have any plans of changing the current setup right now.
Chromie's quest is working as intended
This is not a bug, Chromie's quest was implemented before the current repeatable quest mechanics were introduced so it does not follow the standard rules for repeatable quests. As the quest is working correctly we would rather not go back and introduce any changes to it.
2008 Arena Tournament Phase 2 Has Begun
2008 World of Warcraft Arena Tournament Phase 2 Has Begun
Phase 2 of the 2008 World of Warcraft Arena Tournament’s first qualification round has begun. Tournament participants have had ample time during the practice phase to hone their strategies, try various team compositions, and gain experience playing with their team. It’s now time for the real games to begin!
To track the progress of your team and competition, please visit the World of Warcraft Armory and select the Coliseum 1 battlegroup.
If you haven’t signed up yet, registration for the First Qualification Round is still possible until May 6, 2008!
For more information on the tournament please visit our Arena Tournament information page. Good luck to all competitors!
2008 MI6 Rewards - Best Wrapping - Product Packaging
Blizzard wins one MI6 2008 reward for World of Warcraft - Best Wrapping.
Best Wrapping - Product Packaging
World of Warcraft Expansion: The Burning Crusade Collector's Edition Packaging
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
New WoW Trading Card Game Wallpaper
Check out this new wallpaper recently released via WoW TCG in eight different resolutions below.