With Patch 2.4 not everything is perfect. Far from it actually. Hortus is maintaining a quite long list of 2.4 issues. These issues will be resolved in a future patch.
This is a list of known issues in the 2.4 client. This is not an exhaustive list of all known bugs, but a list of issues that we are understand can replicate and are will be fixing in a future patch.
- Spells that create a buff that chains damage to a secondary target can chain to a critter
- Players are able to have pets out while mounted by logging out.
- Zoning after a pet has died or has been dismissed can cause an "Internal Pet Error".
- Abilities and spells that chain to secondary targets do not calculate combat reach for each potential unique target.
- Swimming while in Wisp Form produces an odd animation.
- Male Blood Elves do not place both hands on polearm-type weapons when swinging them.
- The /clap emote is not emitting sound if performed more than once.
- Mangle's talent link tooltip indicates a 100 yard range.
- Initial trigger or activation sounds for Immolation Trap (rank 6) and Explosive Trap (rank 4) cannot be heard by Classic WoW players.
- Swapping your current pet for a stabled pet while mounting will cause you to receive an error ("You do not have a pet to summon") when you use Call Pet.
- Molten Armor will not deal damage to an attacker if the mage is protected by a damage absorbtion shield.
- Noxious Breath will cause Arcane Missiles to only deal damage during the first volley.
- Seal of Wrath applies to non damaging attacks causing it to break Polymorph.
- Crusader Strike is adversely affected by Seal of the Crusader.
- The Bladestorm effect from the Ravager item proc has its channeling broken by refreshing paladin judgments.
- The Paladin talent Precision displays Daggers and Staves as a weapon class in the link tooltip.
- There is a discrepancy in the combat log when casting Paladin healing spells.
- The Priest Talent Power Infusion consumes an inconsistent amount of mana when cast on yourself.
- Touch of Weakness doesn't reduce the melee damage of attacker.
- Cloak of Shadows do not remove the curse Shrink.
- Mutilate is being written to the combat log multiple times when used.
- Whirlwind has a new sound.
- Disorient effects are being inconsistently applied to Black Blood of Draenor mobs.
- Pig pets are not making footprints.
- Kalecgos' Human form is incorrectly casting his Revitalize spell on targets without mana.
- Zul'jin will occasionally land a melee swing on the victim of his Claw Rage or Lynx Rush target.
- Internal messages will occasionally be displayed in the Vazruden the Herald encounter of Hellfire Ramparts.
- Shared Bonds cast by Sister of Pain is applied inconsistently and is not able to be dispelled.
- Sunblade Imps in Magisters' Terrace are sometimes not resetting properly.
- High Astromancer Solarian no longer calls for help from the trash in her room when engaged.
- Nightbane's Charred Earth ability is dealing physical damage.
- Internal messages are displayed in the combat log when Sinister Reflections spawn during the Kil'jaeden encounter.
- The tooltip from Mennu The Betrayer's Tainted Stoneskin Totem is incorrect.
- Internal messages are displayed in the combat log after Gruul the Dragonkiller casts Ground Slam.
- Hunter's Mark does not appear above Shield Orbs.
- It is possible for pets to get stuck in place after exiting the Spectral Realm in the Kalecgos encounter.
- Shield Orbs are missing portraits.
- The death emote voice-over for Kael'thas Sunstrider in the Magister's Terrace continues after he has already died.
- Felblood Initiates will occasionally change sex if reset after being transformed into an Emaciated Felblood.
- Wretched mobs in the Magister's Terrace are not resetting properly near Selin Fireheart's room.
- The [Sunfury Nethermancer Sunfury Nethermancer]'s channeling animation doesn't stop when they're melee attacking.
- The selection circle for the Spider critter is huge.
- Mage Blink cannot be cast while stunned by the Sunblade Mage Guard Glaive Throw ability.
- If you are saved to 10+ instances, the Raid Infos are overlapping at the second row.
- Paladin healing spells used in castsequence macro's are not completing the cast sequence when a rank is not specified.
- The hunter's spell Dismiss Pet "fades" from player 1 minute after dismissing pet.
- If Scrolling Combat Text is activated and Auras is selected, some spells that do not give auras will show up in green in the scrolling combat text.
- Casting some spells with Auras selected for Scrolling Combat text, will show the notification twice.
- Casting Mass Dispel when Auras on Scrolling Combat Text is enabled will show <Mass Dispel> multiple times depending on how many targets are affected.
- When updating to 2.4.0 Interface Options are not all updated correctly.
- Calling a filter where "Unknown" checkboxes are the only options enabled under Message Sources generates a Lua error.
- Debuff sizes are not scaling properly in size based on who cast the debuff.
- The Okay and Cancel buttons in the General Log window do not have sound.
- The guild log scroll bar does not always properly display what it's supposed to.
- The school of magic in the combat log concerning buffs that "reflect" damage onto the attacker is repeated.
- Changes to some Interface Options are not undone when clicking Cancel.
- Toggling <Party Members' Pets> in the Party & Raid, Interface Option already in a party does not change the state of the party UI.
- The Combat Log displays all events after logging in until a filter is selected.
- There's a typo in exhausted damage message.
- Find Minerals and Find Treasure are not showing when activated or fading in floating combat text.
- Instant and channeled abilities that do not have a target are generating a past tense line in the combat log.
- Some of Interface dropdown changes are not discarded when canceled.
- Pet skill damage appears on the screen while Pet damage option is disabled.
- The World PvP Objectives display is not updating changes made in the interface menu until you relog.
- The visual for the checkbox for the Camera interface options are not saving on logout.
- Unchecking default checked settings in the General and Combat Log Config menus will not save properly after logging out.
- The name of Temporary Weapon Enchant buffs do not show up in the combat log when they are dismissed.
- Dying and disconnecting causes you to be unable to release.
- There is a typo in Harbinger Inuuro's gossip text after the Sun's Reach Armory is captured.
- There are typos in the quest "Maintaining the Sunwell Portal".
- Abilities/trinkets that trigger after killing an opponent that gives experience or honor are being activated after killing mobs during bombing quests.
- Completing the quest "Arcane Refreshment" does not teach the spell Conjure Water.
- Completing the quest "The Journey Has Just Begun" does not teach players how to make an Onyxia Scale Cloak.
- Several procs from items are breaking crowd control effects such as Scatter Shot.
- Using a Papa Hummel's Old-Fashioned Pet Biscuit does not initiate a global item cooldown.
- Vengeful Gladiator's Rifle is using a inconsistent sound.
- The Nexus Key staff is giving an inconsistant amount of bonus healing.
- The name "Swift War Elekk" is shown in the casting bar when summoning the Black War Elekk.
- Bow strings are not being lit in 2.4.0.
- The Arcane Strike proc from Shattered Sun Pendant of Might is breaking crowd control effects such as Scatter Shot.
- It is possible to dodge, block, and parry the proc Arcane Strike from the Shattered Sun Pendant of Might
- The Brutal Gladiator's Rifle is emitting a Bow sound effect upon use, despite the item being a Gun.
- Certain socket bonus modifiers do not display the healing that they provide.
- Draenei female horns will not protrude correctly through certain helms.
- The tooltip for Skyshatter Helmet's gem socket bonus (+9 healing) does not include the additional spell damage.
- Arcane Charges used in the quests "The Air Strikes Must Continue" and "Distraction at the Dead Scar" deals fire damage despite the name "Arcane".
- Shifting Naaru Sliver summons a Power Circle for a duration inconsistent with its tooltip.
- The tooltip for the 4 piece bonus of the Dragonhide Battlegear states that the movement speed increase affects travel form even though it does not.
- The pushback resistance part of the Battlecast Garb set bonus does not seem to be functioning.
- The reduced cooldown of Shaman Nature's Swiftness provided by the 4 piece set bonus from the "Seer's Ringmail Battlegear" PvP armor is not applying.
- The Cloak of Swift Mending, dropped from Selin Fireheart in the Magister's Terrace on normal difficulty, does not have a level requirement.
- Brann Bronzebeard's Lost Letter is displaying a damage range in its tooltip even though this item is not a weapon.
- The set bonus for the Crusader's Ornamented Battle Gear and Crusader's Scaled Battle Gear have a typo in their tooltip.
- In Silithus, there is a Tornado that needs sounds.
- In Heroic Magister's Terrace, the door in Selin Fireheart's room will respawn with no boss to kill to open it, leaving players unable to proceed.
- Attempting to enter the Caverns of Time: Hyjal Summit raid instance without being in a raid group, without the expansion installed, or below level 65 will return the the old Hyjal error message stating that a player must have "...friendly or better reputation"
- The Berserking power-up found in Battlegrounds makes no sound when acquired.
- There is a slight popping noise that occurs when running while using the Creative X-FI sound card.
- On Macs with nVidia 8800 cards, when a full-screen effect is active, the top row of pixels is black or garbage.
Daily Blue Posts
[via World of Raids]
WotLK: Epics replaced by greens
One of the goals in expansions is to level the playing field a bit for players and we like providing extra opportunities for players who (just as an example) want to get to high-end content but are currently far behind on things.
Keep in mind that the availability of higher level items is greater than it was before the launch of The Burning Crusade. So take that for what it's worth. :)
But there isn't the huge gear gap to be corrected so we wont be seeing people double thier hp and spell damage within 5 quests in northrend. There was also a change in how much Stamina items got when The Burning Crusade came out and the new items should maintain the consistency they have now and not jump up a huge margin.
Arena Tournament: long queue times have been fixed
It wasn't a hardware issue, just a setting in the code, which we found and fixed very early this morning. We'll monitor the queues throughout the day to see if we need to make further adjustments.
Arena Tournament: Activation process after sending an essay
We will be reading the essays and flagging eligible accounts on a weekly basis. So it just depends when we receive your essay. Check the email address associated with your account for notification on when you are flagged.
"Heroic Countenance" might be addressed in the next BlizzCast
Magister's Terrace gave us a new way to unlock heroic mode, Heroic Countenance. Essentially it is a permanent spell cast on us after completing the quest to kill Kael, that keeps us from having to reach a certain reputation. This is what we need from here on out and hope it's adopted for WotLK, but I also hope Blizzard reconsiders their current heroic instances as well.
We're hoping to touch on this a bit in the next BlizzCast, stay tuned. ;-)