The Curse.com team is excited to introduce our next major project -- WOWDB.com -- a World of Warcraft database website. We've worked over the past several months to create a unique database experience with WOWDB.com, and here's just a short list of the features included in the launch version, with many more to come in the months ahead.
- 3D Model previews of items and NPC's. You can even preview the item on your character! Simply click on the "Enlarge" or "Preview on Character" buttons where applicable to check the model out in 3D.
- Bookmark complex filters so you don't have to enter them again, or clutter up your browser's bookmarks. Check it out -- simply click the "Bookmark this Search" button while logged in and you can save it; up to 20 bookmarks in total can exist!
- Tooltip Comparison through the "Pin Item" feature. You can pin one of every slot, and that item will draw next to any tooltips on WOWDB.com -- allowing you to easily compare items. What's better is that if you've imported a character through the Armory, those items will be the default pinned item! Check it out by clicking on the "Pin this Item" button.
- Wish Lists allow you to add those goal items -- whether it be a new weapon or a new piece of armor -- as well as any creatures you aspire to tame on your Hunter, and even quests you're looking to complete.
- WOWDB.com Search Assistant -- a robust search helper tool that suggests items as you type in partial names, allowing you to quickly locate something even if you're not sure what the full name is. Head over to check it out!
- The WOWDB.com Quest Maps are designed to give you all the information you'll ever need. NPC locations, where the quest starts, where it ends, and everything else you'll need to complete that next quest. It's even tabbed, so if the quest takes place in multiple zones, you won't miss a step! Check it out, and of course don't miss the tabbed version of the maps.
- Interactive Zone Maps with advanced filtering. Having a hard time locating that Fel Iron in Terokkar? No problem; not only can you filter by minerals, but you can also get specific and learn locations of each node type, without others cluttering your view! This of course works for Herbs, Quests and NPC's as well.
- You can also edit the maps! Found an NPC or point of interest that doesn't exist on WOWDB.com yet? Click the "Edit Map" button and submit it to the WOWDB.com team!
- Enhanced Talent Calculator: We've introduced everything you'll find elsewhere, and more. There are also "preset" builds available that can be commented on or rated when logged in. Finally, a way to get a discussion going about a talent build on the build page, rather than remotely!
- Import your Armory Profile so that you can designate a "Main" character on WOWDB.com. A Main character introduces two unique features to users logged in; firstly you'll have your Main character's items shown in the Tooltip Comparison feature, and your character's race and gender will be used when clicking the "Preview on Character" button on items! If you can't access the page linked, login or register to get started!
These are just a few of the features on WOWDB.com; we have a whole lot more planned in the coming months, so be sure to keep checking back for announcements on new updates! If you want to get started, head over and check out WOWDB.com!