acaciaizm.com has information on Sunwell and 2.4 thanks to the Swedish magazine "Level" which published a special World of Warcraft magazine. The latest issue contains an interview with Jeff "Tigole" Kaplan and talks about 2.4 and the Sunwell instances, as well as Sunwell Isle -- the outdoor area content being added. Thanks to the FoH readers for finding the link!
Key points from the interview:
- Sunwell Isle is located off the coast of Eastern Kingdoms, to the north of Silvermoon City.
- Sunwell Isle is planned to be a major quest hub, and includes both 5-person Normal and Heroic instances called Magister's Terrace, as well as the 25-person raid instance Sunwell Plateau. The primary goal of this content is to close out the storyline of The Burning Crusade.
- Upon release of the patch, Sunwell Isle will start off with a small expedition camp. The first things players will do is perform daily quests, which will slowly strengthen the camp, turning it into a small town over time. As more and more daily quests are completed, content will be opened up -- this will be similar to the AQ opening event. These quests are also planned to end the Tempest Keep storyline.
- The reputation you'll need to grind out to gain access to the Heroic version of Magister's Terrace is called "The Shattered Sun Offensive."
- Both versions of the instances (5-person and 25-person) will be available on patch day, but some bosses may require unlocking through either daily quests or reputation gain. The goal with Sunwell Plateau is to have the first three bosses available immediately, with the final three unlocked through the daily quests everyone on the server contributes to.
- Although this "technically" closes out the storyline for The Burning Crusade, there are a few options Blizzard can run with for future patches, in case Wrath of the Lich King needs to be delayed.
Magister's Terrace & Sunwell Plateau
- Kael'thas has been demoted; well... sort of. He's going to be a boss in the 5-person instance here.
- Sunwell Plateau will contain 6 bosses, including Kil'jaeden -- the final boss -- Kalecgos, a blue dragon who has been enslaved by Kil'jaeden, Brutalicus, a fel dragon, female Eredar twins, and a "Dark Naaru."
- Sunwell Plateau is tuned for Tier 6-geared players, putting it slightly above Black Temple in difficulty. Drops will of course be above Tier 6 quality due to the difficulty of the instance.
- There is not going to be a Tier 7 set; there will still be set items dropping, but they aren't following the "tier" theme, and some may not be class-specific.
- 2.4 will be raising the cap on Daily Quests that can be completed each day from 10 to 25.
- PvP balancing attempts will once again be implemented for certain classes. No concrete details have been given in regards to what is coming, though.