Upper decks wants to show players that they take their trading card game very seriously and is offering a $100,000 first place cash price tournament on the 30th of November. The tournament will continue until the 2nd of December and will offer the following prices:
- 1st Place: $100,000
- 2nd Place: $25,000
- 3rd - 4th Place: $10,000
- 5th - 8th Place: $4,000
- 9th - 16th Place: $2,000
- 17th - 32nd Place: $1,500
- 33rd - 48th Place: $1,250
- 49th - 100th Place: $1,000
In order to have a shot at the cash you have to meet one of the following criteria:
- Players who earned an invitation through their respective National Championship events.
- Players with a Constructed Rating of at least 2850 or Limited Rating of at least 2700
- Players with an Honor Ranking of Level 6 or higher. (Players will be able to accumulate honor until November 20th, after which the final list of invitees will be announced.)
Now the questions is how big can World of Warcraft get? $100,000 first place prices for a card game sure makes one wonder. Has the world gone mad?