We've got more 2.3 info for you, thanks to the fine folks braving the Public Test Realms. Szilia, a frequenter of World of Raids has compiled a great post on the Dustwallow Marsh changes coming in 2.3. Head over to take a look.
On top of all that, there are also a few posts from the Blizzard Community team that deserve attention.
We have some improvements on tap, that we'd like to implement at some point in the not too distant future, if time permits of course. We're not quite ready to discuss them, unfortunately. In any case, we realize that the tool needs further design work before it's completely effective.
The art and models that you have seen for Death Knights are likely not finalized as we have a ways to go before launching Wrath of the Lich King so they can definitely change.
It is converted to 1% critical strike.
I believe all of the racial weapon skill bonuses were changed like this.
We have no plans to do this anytime soon, or even moderately later. I'd purchase the season 2 gloves and sleep easy.
Be ready to get your group together and ... be prepared!
The rest of the instance isn't changed to be for level 70s though, just the Horseman himself.
Reported issues on the 2.3 PTR
This is a list of issues reported via the forums or the in-game feedback tool that are currently being investigated by QA.
This is not a complete list of all issues reported and it is not a list of verified bugs. If an issues is listed here we do not need new reports, if you have additional information to help us investigate an issue please post it in an existing thread.
- /cancelform is not working correctly with shadowform.
- /cancelform macro command does not work when switching back to the same form.
- [nostealth] macro command is not working.
- Aldaron the Reckless, Eversong Woods does not have textures.
- Amani'shi Handler, Zul'Aman are not reseting properly and evade.
- Amani'shi Warbringer, Zul'Aman do not reset properly after wiping on them.
- Arena rating requirements are not consistent for arena gear.
- Auction house is sorting by minimum bid instead of by buyout.
- Being summoned while on a taxi causes the taxi to fly through the earth.
- Black Coffee has wrong icon.
- Bloodthirster's Wargreaves Bloodthirster's Wargreaves (plate boot badge of justice reward) has no socket bonus
- Cenarion War Hippogryph does not appear to have a run/walk animation when on the ground.
- Cenarion War Hippogryph has no walking animation.
- Cenarion War Hippogryph is giving an incorrect buff icon.
- Changing equipped bags dismounts you.
- Crash when inspecting talents on multiple characters.
- Dirty deeds talent is inconsistent with tooltip.
- Druids in moonkin form loose icons from their cast bar.
- Enemy cast bar is obscured by enemy buffs.
- Engineer Fallel Stargazer on the Teldrassil Aberdeen boat has no texture.
- Engineering mount can not be placed in Engineering bag.
- Error when picking up coins from your inventory.
- Fel armor is causing Warlock drain life and deathcoil spells to heal for substantially more damage than in 2.2.3
- Female Dreanei shoulders are larger in 2.3
- Female Troll shoulders and weapons are the wrong size.
- Fishing nodes are not giving special loot.
- Flasks are showing up in the consumables tab for alchemy and not in the Flasks tab.
- Guild control window is not working.
- High Enchanter Bardolan, Shattrath City does not allow you to Train the Enchant Shield - Resilience skill.
- High Warlord's Plate Gauntlets from vendor is asking for arena points rather than honor tokens.
- Hotkeys are being erased when switching into moonkin form.
- Hunter arcane shot dispells paladin divine shield.
- Hunter Arcane shot is dispelling a number of effects that it shouldn't.
- Hunter pets are lost when stabled.
- Hunters zoning into Zul'aman lose their pet.
- Icon for aquadynamic fish attractor is wrong.
- Items with +weapon skill are showing nothing in the tooltips.
- Lava pools in ungoro crater are untextured.
- Loading WoW UI results in an error: [string " * ;OnShow"]: 1 : Couldn't find the CVar named 'statusBarText'
- Loot in Razor Fen Kraul and Wailing caverns has not been updated as described in the patch notes.
- Lower ranks of paladin seals can be dispelled despite the Sanctified seals talent.
- male undead weapons are larger in 2.3
- Many paladin abilities are giving the incorrect sound of summoning a mount rather then the spell sound.
- Mental Quickness talent is not giving the proper spell damage increase, only the healing increase.
- Merciless gladiators plate helm is not counting towards set bonus.
- Merciless Gladiator's Plate Helm The helm does not contribute to the 5 piece Gladiator Set Bonus.
- Mobs sink in water.
- Moonkin form is removing abilities put on the hotbar.
- Mystical Skyfire diamond buff is shorter than in 2.1.3
- nature's grasp talent icon is grayed out.
- Nether dragonscales can not be acquired once you have done the netherdrake quests.
- Night elf has less base agiility in 2.3.
- offhand mace is misaligned on undead female.
- Player is getting multiple transmutes even though he is not transmute specced.
- Player is losing control of his character when distracted.
- Players are not able to see the guild tab on the PTR.
- Players joining guilds are not fully getting guild options and are removed from the guild upon logging out.
- Recently upgraded items in deadmines are not bind on pickup or bind on equip.
- Recipe: Kibler's Bits is not learnable even when player has adequate skill level in cooking.
- Rhahk'Zor's Hammer its a blue that is not BOE or BOP
- Rogue poisons are still showing as lasting for 30 mins when it should be 60 mins.
- Rogue talent seal fate is only granting 1 combo point with backstab.
- Royal tanzanite and Greater Inscription of faith are not giving +spell damage based on their +heal.
- Royal Tanzanite gem is not giving +spell damage.
- Rugged Spaulders The Blue item is neither BoE or BoP.
- Several equippable items have erroneous "Use" effects in their tooltips.
- Shaman Far sight spell is causing a crash at Zul aman.
- Shaman lightning overload is affecting more than one cast.
- Shaman talent Mental Quickness is giving the wrong amount of +spell damage.
- Shields are clipping into character backs.
- Simple chat option is not working correctly.
- Spell damage from multiple items are not applying to socket bonuses
- Swift warstrider mount has the wrong icon.
- Swift Warstrider The warstrider has icon of raptor not strider
- Text on the talents inspection page spill outside of the frame.
- Thaelis the Hungerer in silvermoon has no texture.
- The flight patch from ghostlands to Undercity is not working.
- The flight path from Zul'aman to Ironforge does not seem to be properly delivering people to the proper location.
- The quest "Signs of Treachery" can not be completed.
- The target mana bar is carrying over to the next target even if it doesn't have mana.
- The tooltip for the paladin precision talent does not match the patch notes.
- Turning on Blizzard's Scrolling combat text while in combat removes the entire user interface.
- Typo in the name of Conjured Mana Biscuits from the Ritual of Refreshment.
- UI error when turning on the reputation bar.
- Unflyable areas in nagrand.
- Using Greater Blessing of Kings causes the Summon Charger sound to trigger.
- using the num pad to input numbers in text fields triggers actions bound to those keys.
- Warrior Defiance talent is not granting expertise.
- Warrior devastate is not doing as much threat as Sunder armor despite patch notes.
- Wretched creature models in Eversong Woods are having parts of their model floating above them.
- Wretched NPCs have no textures.
- Wrong sound is played when paladins cast blessings.
- You're unable to select Zul'Aman as an option with the "LFG" tool in any category
- Zul'aman is not listed in the LFG tool.
Finally, there are two new screenshots up on the Wrath of the Lich King site. There hasn't been a news post about them on the official site yet, but my amazing detective work (AKA clicking on the Screenshots link) has uncovered the treasures of the North.
On a personal note, I'm pretty happy. I was finally able to get my characters copied over to the PTR (the copy process didn't even work for me until around 12AM PST last night), so I'll get to report on the leveling changes with my priest!