We've got a treat for all of you who are following the development of XCOM: Enemy Unknown! Take a look at the footage we managed to get at PAX East 2012, including:
- Interview with Casey, XCOM EU's Lead Developer (shown above)
- Interview with Jake, XCOM EU's Lead Designer
- Footage from the XCOM presentation, split into Part 1 and Part 2.
With a lot of the familiar mechanics from the first XCOM, and some new features that will blow your mind, a playthrough of an early build at PAX East made us eager for release. The turn-based strategy game returns with:
- New gadgets, like a grappling hook for the Sniper to sneak up to sweet vantage points
- Isometric views, turn-based action, and fog-of-war of classic XCOM
- Destructible environments
- Different inventory system - from the original grid system to Weapon (primary and backup), Armor, Equip slots to make your choices matter
- Squad limit of 4-6, depending on research levels
- Permanent death - your squad member is out of the game for good when he/she goes down
- Sweet world interface to scan for UFOs/invasions
- 2D view of your upgradeable base - customize your squad in several different ways
The videos linked above provide a ton more info, so be sure you don't miss out on them!
XCOM: Enemy Unknown is set for a Fall release - for more information, check out the official site at http://www.xcom.com/enemyunknown/. Be sure to subscribe to the Curse Network YouTube Channel for tons of exclusive footage and unique content!