Jobs at Curse
Curse Inc. is Hiring! Please select the position you would like to apply for in the list on the left hand side.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Account Executive
Reports to: European Sales Director
Location: Brighton, UK
Curse is hiring for an Account Executive located in our Brighton office. The potential candidate will join a very small and dedicated team as we continue to expand our European operations. The Account Executive position is primarily an inside sales/support role.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast paced start-up setting, and perform a wide range of tasks from the challenging to the mundane in an effort to simply “get the job done”.
As a key part of a rapidly expanding company/team, candidates who can demonstrate the enthusiasm, positive attitude, hard work, dedication and professionalism required will have a range of opportunities to take their career to the next level.
As a Curse employee you will have realized your dreams, working in the gaming industry, working for very successful independent gaming site, having access to the top decision makers in the industry, and being on the very forefront of the online games movement. If this is of interest to you, read on!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Proactively work with Curse Territory Manager/Director and their clients to build relationships and increase selling opportunities
- Ensure outside sales team has necessary sales materials and support information for successful RFP response
- Organize, write, and adjust proposals based on clear direction from Territory Managers and/or Clients
- Provide exceptional day-to-day customer service for all clients assigned by the Territory Manager
- Engage Marketing, Sales Development, and Ad Operations to craft the most effective proposal to satisfy RFP parameters (including Research, Marketing, and Ad Operations considerations)
- Act as accounting liaison and clear all prospective clients
- Assist with client proposal documents and analysis reports
- Collect and manage ad specs, templates, and other campaign documents
- Convert client IO’s into internal IO’s using Microsoft Excel
- Book fixed placements and ensure all inventory is available before receiving client signature
- Organize and distribute IO’s to all necessary departments (Ad Operations, Finance, Sales); assist in follow-up with clients to ensure receipt of counter signed IO(s)
- Update Salesforce as proposals and IO’s come in and as changes are made to IO
- Work with client to obtain all necessary assets and creative in time for campaign start date
- Manage the creative request process for all custom-built advertising units
- Use Excel to assist in monitoring and optimizing client campaign performance
- Communicate with their Territory team to ensure campaigns are running smoothly
- Organize campaign wrap-up report into a PowerPoint upon completion of campaign and send to client
- Assist in formulating and presenting research projects with Sales Development team
- Communicate with Finance regarding billing issues
- Research and evaluate product markets, competitive web properties, and past online advertising campaigns
- Attend national industry networking events
- Assisting with office upkeep, and internal record keeping like vacation days, and expenses
- Responsiveness to demanding needs of a start-up organization
- Creative and strategic vision to build value proposition for clients and property
- Interactive media and advertising knowledge
- Organizational skills w/attention to detail
- Initiative to foster and maintain industry relationships for transition to and/or synergy with Managers, etc
- Understanding of video games marketplace and particularly online games.
- Media planning capabilities (Microsoft - Excel, PowerPoint; Research - Quantcast, @plan, Comscore)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1-2 Years media planning and/or online ad sales experience
- University Degree
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.