Jobs at Curse
Curse Inc. is Hiring! Please select the position you would like to apply for in the list on the left hand side.
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Accounting Clerk
REPORTS TO: Controller
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Sales, Finance and Administration
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
Provides accounting and clerical assistance to accounting department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inputs Insertion Orders into Quickbooks to set framework for billing.
- Works with ad-operations department to acquire actual impression numbers for input into Quickbooks.
- Performs internal audits to ensure accuracy and consistency within Salesforce and Quickbooks.
- Responsible for recommending new practices with regard to implementation of Salesforce functionality.
- Maintains accounting department files and records.
- Verifies and prepares checks for mailing.
- Researches problem invoices; interfaces with vendors, customer service team, and other appropriate staff to reconcile.
- Assists with month-end close and runs monthly reports as required.
- Prepares and posts deposits; balances deposits on bank statements.
- Prepares invoices, checks, timecards, and other records and reviews for accuracy.
- Logs, posts, and balances petty cash.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, typing, and mailing.
- Assists with preparation of 1099s as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school, six months to one year related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accurately keystroke a minimum of 40 wpm.
- 10-key by touch.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Interest in MMOs is a big plus.
Interested in applying? Please send along your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position title as the subject line. Be sure to share with us why you want to work at Curse.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.