Jobs at Curse
Curse Inc. is Hiring! Please select the position you would like to apply for in the list on the left hand side.
JOB TITLE: eSports Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of eSports
JOB Type: Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
BRANCH: Huntsville, AL
The eSports Manager will lead the design and development of all Curse eSports programs, including the conception and production of live and online tournaments, management of our professional teams and creation and delivery of information to our content managers.
The eSports Manager will also directly manage our European and North American eSports teams and be the liaison between those teams and our Director of eSports. They will also work directly with our content managers to supply pro player information for the development of their properties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Curse eSports teams and handle team, player and sponsorship opportunities.
- Execute on the delivery of sponsorship deliverables related to our professional teams
- Recruit, evaluate and propose strategy for new teams and markets
- Lead the development of all eSports programs and tournament systems, and oversee their execution.
- Maintain up-to-date coverage of our teamcurse.net website
- Develop and distribute management level reports in support of business reviews.
- Manage and facilitate community tournament programs that may support thousands of players and dozens of third party tournament organizers, shoutcasters and other third-party vendors.
- Act at Curse ambassador to the eSports teams, gather feedback from pros related to issues, events, games, rules, news, features and report back information.
- Liaise between pro teams and Curse to ensure teams are properly scheduled, travel, accommodations and last minute issues are handled.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in eSports, organized play, sports organizations management, or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in management
- Extensive experience of competitive gaming, pro-gaming, ladders, leagues, and tournaments
- Bachelor's degree
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership, management, and communication skills
- Prior event and / or tournament organization and budgeting experience
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Strong communications, and presentation skills, with the ability to work with other members across the organization
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full work load
- Able to interface effectively with both gamers and business people
- Passionate player of videogames
- Able to travel, including international travel
Interested in applying? Please send along your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the position title as the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.