Jobs at Curse
Curse Inc. is Hiring! Please select the position you would like to apply for in the list on the left hand side.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Flash Engineer (Contract)
Reports to: R&D Team Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a Flash Engineer, you will work remotely to assist with the Curse gaming media properties and applications. Join a fun, fast-paced environment where we share a passion for online gaming and help bring the user experience of millions of core gamers to the next level! Experience with AS3 and Video experience (i.e. Video Streaming, Webcam capture, Video composition, etc.) is necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement compelling user experiences for company applications and websites.
- Understand project and development plans and is able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
- Adhere to coding standards defined by the Director of Technology.
- Collaborate with other programmers, designers and artists.
- Experience with 3D Models, Textures and Animation
- Expertise in Flash Development: Working with the Flash environment, using ActionScript 3.0
- Experience with jwPlayer is a plus
- High-quality video streaming and audio-video capture
- UI Design and implementation experience
- Experience with Flex, C#, and .NET is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Professional demeanor, ability to take instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Proficiency in integrated development environments
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Computer Science or MIS degree.
- 3+ years software development experience
- Background in Massively Multiplayer Online games preferred
Please note, this is not an entry level position, and requires prior professional experience.
Interested in this position? Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster