Jobs at Curse
Curse Inc. is Hiring! Please select the position you would like to apply for in the list on the left hand side.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President of Programming
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting, implementing, and maintaining company marketing efforts including branding, online promotion, sweepstakes/giveaways, and trade show presence. In addition, some PR coordination and support is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Support development, presentation and execution of marketing plans as needed in conjunction with all relevant parties
- Maintain Curse's branding on ongoing basis
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for Curse's marketing needs
- Market curse products to our users through advertising, promotions, and events
- Support the creation of corporate presentations for industry events
- Manage Sweepstakes and Beta Key Giveaways
- Work with partners to produce co-marketing content
- Write/edit marketing copy for Curse websites and advertising
- Help brainstorm Curse Premium features
- Organize industry events and attend trade shows
- Analyze and report ROI of promotional efforts
- Contact reporters and obtain PR opportunities for the company
- Detailed knowledge of the digital landscape especially in the gaming industry
- Ability to be sociable and communicative with consumers and corporate contacts
- Ability to craft custom scalable programs for a variety of sites serving different game communities
- Experience using products such as ComScore, Quantcast & Google Analytics
- Strong ability to implement and tabulate custom research using online tools like Polldaddy/SurveyMonkey
- Familiar with online PR tools like PR Newswire, GlobeNewswire, Meltwater, etc.
- Must be proficient in Power Point, Word, and Excel.
- Strong cross-functional and project management skills
- Outstanding analysis and communication skills (proven written communication skills)
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple and intuitive communication
- Fast learner, independent creative thinker, desire to grow within a small company
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- 1-3 years of experience in brand marketing, event planning, or PR
- Background in Massively Multiplayer Online games preferred
- Knowledge and interest in video games/computer technology (PC) a plus
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.