Jobs at Curse
Curse Inc. is Hiring! Please select the position you would like to apply for in the list on the left hand side.
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Video Editor
REPORTS TO: VP of Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Remote / Los Angeles
The Video Editor will live and work in the Curse Gaming House in Los Angeles, CA with Curse's team of professional gamers. The editor will be responsible for setting up cameras in the house, filming of the players, maintaining the equipment, and producing all video content in the house.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 5+ years professional camera operation experience
- 3+ Years Post-production and live-editing/mixing
- Working audio knowledge using various microphones and syncing in post
- Able to troubleshoot technical issues without assistance (live streaming, surveillance recording, audio and editing mixing boards)
- Experience in lighting, and 3-point set-ups
- Willing to work long and odd hours
- Experience in reality TV camera operation
- Willing to be a one-man team
- Passion and knowledge regarding League of Legends; reality TV, and E-Sports
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Video editing experience: Avid/Premiere/Sony Vegas/Final Cut Pro.
- Camera - (ENG, DSLR, HD set ups, GoPro, camcorders)
- Heavy Lights (Fresnel lights)
- Experience in transferring, importing, compressing, exporting into a variety of formats
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects.
- Video and audio recording experience (candidate should be familiar with professional recording equipment and techniques).
- Familiarity with web compression and file formats
- Willing to travel as needed.
- Familiarity with video games and video game media.
- Must be comfortable handling multiple projects and working with deadlines.
- Must have a working knowledge of YouTube and YouTube channel management.
- Knowledge of motion graphics.
- Thorough understanding of MMO games.
Interested in applying? Please send along your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject line. Be sure to share with us why you want to work at Curse.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.