Control the biomes of your world!
BioMed enables you to:
- Convert sections of any map to a different biome!
- Convert whole maps to the same biome!
- Good for creative & flat world maps!
- Regenerate map sections with a different look! (Kind of working - see notes.)
- Generate your own mushroom islands! (See notes.)
- Thaw your spawn!
- Freeze your spawn!
- Spawn nether mobs in a normal world!
Please read the entire overview before posting bugs/questions. Most reported bugs/questions are already answered here. If your Question is not answered here, try the Troubleshooting page.
Download BioMed.jar and copy it to your plugins directory. The plugin will generate a config file on first run, which you can then edit if desired (in game commands are recommended, however.)
The only parameters that cannot be controlled in-game are in the "options" section. They are:
- allowop These options control the ability to set global biomes and use commands as op, respectively. They are enabled by default, so you will need to set them to "false" if you do not wish for your players to use them.
In-Dev / Requested
Reworking the command system! Leave a comment with suggestions. Looking into improving quality of some global biomes Looking into time-dependant biome regions (day/night cycles) Remove dependency on WorldEdit for selections (will still integrate if present) Whole-biome replace Free-form selections Brush tool
BioMed "In-Dev" is currently at version 0.7.1, and it is built against Craftbukkit-1.4.7-R1.0.
Latest Build notes:
- No longer requires WorldEdit (small bug introduced in v0.6)
- Global biomes are
currently unavailable Just added!in need of revision. They still work, but you may be disappointed over previous builds.
- The commands for changing global biomes are still the same, so see the commands page for details.
- Use the biome "none" in your command to disable the global biome.
- All newly-generated chunks will be 100% the biome you specify. This will cause your global biome to be generated in areas where it wouldn't normally, and can have some weird results. File a ticket for any "buggy" behavior you find.
- BioMed will attempt to update existing chunks to the global biome whenever it is changed. It can only do this for currently loaded chunks, however. I am looking into a way to get around this, but for now be aware that you will have to fix a lot of these "holes" yourself.
- removing the global biome will not affect existing chunks. If you want to restore the default biome in an area, use one of the "clear" commands.
- BioMed will no longer store regions in its config file. On start/reload, any regions found there will be imported and removed from the file.
- User requests are always welcome. As long as the feature is reasonable to implement, I'll try to make it happen.
- I decided to not use the built-in biome API- as is- due to inefficiencies in handling large changes. My version is- in theory- much faster, but may contain bugs, or break with updates. As usual, report any bugs or error messages here for a response. Post a stack trace too for a quicker response. The more info, the better.
- NOTE on using WorldEdit's regen command: If you have a global biome set, all blocks affected by regen will be generated 100% as the global biome. This will allow you to quickly convert sections of an existing map with ease, but it still does not allow "controlled" regeneration on a small scale. I plan on implementing that as soon as I determine a good way to do it.
If you find a bug, or are having problems:
- Read what other users are saying, to see if there is a fix or workaround.
- If you cannot find your problem already mentioned, feel free to file a ticket, leave a comment, or PM me. If you don't feel like signing up for curse just to file a bug, you can also PM my bukkit.org account, Karl Marx.
If you are submitting a bug report, I strongly suggest that you include a stack trace as well. What's a stack trace?
Updated to CB 1.4.7-R1.0
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|BioMed v0.7.1||Beta||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||2,884||02/02/2013|
|BioMed v0.7.0||Beta||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||4,158||11/07/2012|
|BioMed v0.6.1||Beta||CB 1.3.2-R1.0||1,808||10/14/2012|
|BioMed v0.6||Beta||CB 1.3.2-R1.0||940||10/04/2012|
|BioMed v0.5||Beta||CB 1.3.1-R1.0||1,281||08/17/2012|
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 191,804 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 150,652 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, World Editing and Management, Fixes, General, and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 86,134 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 62,756 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Developer Tools, Mechanics, and Economy
- 60,623 Monthly Downloads