BO3s are objects used by custom terrain generators (currently only Terrain Control). BO3Tools allows you to export your WorldEdit selection as a BO3 object. It can also convert a BO2 object to a BO3 object. More tools will be added in the future.
- Convert a WorldEdit selection to a BO3.
- Lets you select the origin of the BO3.
- Convert a BO2 to a BO3.
- Automatically sets the author of the BO3 to the name of the player who used the command.
- Has size limits which make sure that the BO3 is never larger than 32x256x32.
- Permissions support.
- In-game, so no block lists that need to be updated.
- Can export the contents if chests/dispensers/etc.
- Doesn't directly use internal server code, so it doesn't need to be updated on every Minecraft update.
Installation and configuration
Download the latest file from BukkitDev and place it in the plugins folder. Make sure that WorldEdit and Terrain Control are already installed. No worlds need to be assigned to Terrain Control if you don't need to export tile entities. There is no configuration file.
Commands and permissions
bo3tools.all gives access to all the commands. Server operators automatically have this permission.
/exportbo3 <name> [--includeair] [--includetileentities] exports your WorldEdit selection as a BO3. The BO3 will be placed in the
plugins/TerrainControl/GlobalObjects folder. The name will be prefixed with
we- (WorldEdit) to not overwrite existing BO3s. The name of the player who used the command will be used as the author of the BO3.
BO3Tools sets the origin of the BO3 object at the center of the bottom. If you aren't happy with that, just left-click a block with a wooden hoe before using the command to use that block as the center,
By default BO3Tools won't include air blocks. If your BO3 needs to replace other materials with air make sure that you append
--includeair to the command. You can also add
--includetileentities to the command to export the contents of chests and other containers.
/export is an alias for
/exportbo3. The permission of the command is
/convertbo2 <name> converts the selected BO2 to a BO3. It will convert the block list and most of the settings. BO3Tools looks in both the GlobalObjects folder and the WorldObjects folder of your current world. It places the file in the
plugins/TerrainControl/GlobalObjects folder. It will add
-converted to the name. If a player issued the command, his/her name will be used as the author of the BO3. If the console (or anything else that isn't a player) issued the command the author will be set to `Unknown`.
The permission of the command is
- Added option to include tile entities in BO3 when exporting a BO3 with /exportbo3.
- Added tab completion support.
Requires WorldEdit and Terrain Control 2.4.10 (or newer) to be installed on the server, but no worlds need to be assigned to Terrain Control.
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 195,561 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 155,487 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, World Editing and Management, Fixes, General, and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 86,497 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 75,522 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Developer Tools, Mechanics, and Economy
- 63,202 Monthly Downloads