* AS I AM NOW SUPPORTING MORE THAN JUST BUKKIT WITH DYNMAP, MAIN SUPPORT THREAD IS NOW ON http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1543523-dynmap-dynamic-web-based-maps-for-minecraft/- FOR QUICKEST SUPPORT, PLEASE BEGIN USING THIS THREAD *
A Google Maps-like map for your Minecraft server that can be viewed in a browser. Easy to set up when making use of Dynmap's integrated webserver which works out-of-the-box, while also available to be integrated into existing websites running on Apache and the like. Dynmap can render your worlds using different renderers, some suitable for performance, some for high detail.
Components allow you to add/remove functionality to make Dynmap suit your needs. Using the components Dynmap comes supplied with, there is support for chat balloons, web-to-game chat, and configurable markers, areas, and lines.
- Highly configurable maps per world
- Real-time updates: maps are kept in sync with your world in real-time, updates are shown while your leave your browser open
- Players with their faces are visible on the map
- Chat messages are visible (as balloons or in a chatbox) on the map.
- Map viewers can chat to players in-game.
- Current Minecraft time is visible on the map.
- Current Minecraft weather is visible on the map.
- WorldGuard, Residence, Towny and Factions regions that can be visible on the map (through corresponding Dynmap-* plugins)
- Overall highly configurable and customizable.
Extract dynmap-*-bin.zip in your plugins directory. If you are upgrading, overwrite all files.
If you are running a separate webserver (like Apache) copy the files from 'plugins/dynmap/web/' to a directory in your http-root and follow this guide. When upgrading, make sure you also upgrade the copied files.
First time use
When you start CraftBukkit, you should be able to navigate to http://yourserverip:8123/ in your browser. In case you are running CraftBukkit on the PC you are currently working on, you can navigate to http://localhost:8123/. You should be able to see the players who are in-game. Note that the map is not yet rendered, therefore the background will be black.
If you are planning on using the HD renderer, now would be a good time to do so. Enable 'deftemplatesuffix: hires' in the top of configuration.txt. More information about deftemplatesuffix is available at Base plugin settings.
If you just want to see Dynmap work, use the following command in-game: /dynmap fullrender. The wiki contains more information about commands and permissions. The map should reveal itself gradually in the browser, give it some time. Progress messages indicate that Dynmap is working and will show when the render is completed.
Both to demonstrate the API, and to help manage the growth of this already-huge plugin, we've started producing additional plugins for Dynmap. All of these will depend on Dynmap and interface through its APIs, but only need to be added by folks that are interested in the additional function they provide:
- dynmap-mobs: Provides marker layer for real-time position of selected mobs on dynmap maps.
- dynmap-residence: Successor to the 'regions' support for Residence in Dynmap, with live update of Residence changes
- Dynmap-WorldGuard: Successor to the 'regions' support for WorldGuard in Dynmap, with live update of WorldGuard changes
- Dynmap-Towny: Successor to the 'regions' support for Towny in Dynmap, with live update of Towny changes
- Dynmap-Factions: Successor to the 'regions' support for Factions in Dynmap, with live update of Factions changes
- Dynmap-CommandBook: Add support for showing /home and /warp locations defined using CommandBook.
- Dynmap-Essentials: Add support for showing /home and /warp locations defined using Essentials.
- Dynmap-GriefPrevention: Add support for showing Grief Protection claims
- Dynmap2CraftIRC3: Integrate Dynmap's web chat with IRC via CraftIRC
- Dynmap-SimpleClans: Integrate SimpleClans with Dynmap
- Dynmap-HeroChat: Integrate HeroChat v5.5+ with Dynmap
- Dynmap-PreciousStones: Integrate PreciousStones with Dynmap
- Dynmap-AdminCmd: Integrate AdminCmd with Dynmap
- Dynmap-Citizens: Integrate Citizens with Dynmap
Mods integrated with Dynmap:
The following mods are known to support dynmap integration without needing an add-on:
Also, for the best response to questions and such, please post comments to our main forum thread - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1543523-dynmap-dynamic-web-based-maps-for-minecraft/. Once again, having more than one place just isn't helpful, and this is where the 'Dynmap Community' already operates.
- Fix handling of area markers with 2 corners when used for resolution boosting
- Repackage Dynmap as standard JAR-only mod/plugin - self-extracts needed files when loaded
- Add support for resolution 'boosting' - having one default resolution for each map, while also having the option to have areas designated by area markers (outlines) or circle markers set to 'boost' the resolution of the tiles for those areas to a higher resolution.
- Add support for 3 more template sets, configured to support the new 'boosting' feature:
'low_boost_hi' - this is like the 'lowres' (4 pixels/block) templates, but makes it so that areas with 'boost:true' set are rendered as 'hires' (16 pixels/block). Boosting only set for surface map.
'hi_boost_vhi' - this is like the 'hires' (16 pixels/block) templats, but makes it so that areas with the 'boost:true' set are rendered as 'vhires' (32 pixels/block). Boosting only set for surface map.
'hi_boost_xhi' - this is like the 'hires' (16 pixels/block) templats, but makes it so that areas with the 'boost:true' set are rendered as 'xhires' (64 pixels/block). Boosting only set for surface map.
- Add support for Connected Texture Mod (CTM from MCPatcher) texture pack enhancements (controlled by ctm-support setting - default enabled)
- Add support for Custom Colors mod (MCPatcher) texture pack enhancements (controlled by custom-colors-support setting - default enabled)
- Add options on '/dmap mapset' and '/dmarker mapadd' commands for configuring the 'boostzoom' level for a given map: 0=no boost (128x128), 1=twice as high (256x256), 2=four times higher (512x512), 3=eight times higher (1024x1024).
- Add options on the '/dmarker updatearea' and '/dmarker addarea' commands for enabling/disabling boosting on the area marker (boost:true versus boost:false, respectively). Add viewing of setting to '/dmarker listareas'.
- Add support for v1.5.2 (Forge v7.8.0)
- Fix rendering of lava and flowing lava (bug in 1.7-alpha-1)
- Support disabling of join/quit on web UI (if joinmessage/quitmessage settings are "")
- Add full support for 'material' based CTM matching (previously, 'material' was processed like 'block')
- Fix handling of texture packs for wall signs
- Fix quartz block textures not being properly loaded
- Tune performance on ray tracer
- Fix for lighting calculation error on smooth lighting on non-cube blocks
- Prevent shutdown exceptions on recent CraftBukkit builds
- Fix model for inverted trapdoor blocks
- Fix incorrect handling of v1.4.x terrain.png textures (v1.6 problem)
- Add information message pointing to yamllint.com on yaml errors (thanks to buerkle!)
- Fix MFR rubber wood and leaves rendering
- Update ThermalExpansion for v1.5.x, and add Hardened Glass support
- Update Biomes-O-Plenty for v1.5.2
- Migrate ForgottenNature to v1.5.x
- Migrate PowerConverters to v1.5.x
- Migrate Forestry to v1.5.x
- Migrate Pam's Harvestcraft to v.1.5.x (thanks to brakhtus!)
- Migrate ObsidiPlates to v1.5.x
- Add support for MC version sensitivity in *-model and *-texture render data files
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Dynmap API v1.7 (developers only!!)||Release||CB 1.5.2-R0.1||890||05/14/2013|
|Dynmap API v1.2||Release||CB 1.4.5-R0.2||528||12/10/2012|
|Dynmap API v1.1||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||535||11/16/2012|
|Dynmap API 0.90||Release||CB 1.3.2-R2.0||438||10/21/2012|
|Dynmap API 0.80||Release||CB 1.3.2-R0.1||663||08/26/2012|
|Dynmap API 0.70||Release||CB 1.3.1-R1.0||254||08/08/2012|
|Dynmap API v0.60||Release||CB 1.2.5-R5.0||866||07/30/2012|
|Dynmap API v0.50||Release||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||221||07/22/2012|
|Dynmap API v0.40||Release||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||359||07/01/2012|
|Dynmap API v0.39||Release||CB 1.2.5-R2.0||581||05/20/2012|
|Dynmap API v0.38||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.2||292||05/06/2012|
|Dynmap API v0.36||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||165||03/25/2012|
|Dynmap API v0.35||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||201||03/13/2012|
|Dynmap API v0.33||Release||CB 1.1-R4||176||02/26/2012|
|Dynmap API v0.32||Release||CB 1.1-R4||227||02/13/2012|
|Dynmap API v0.31||Release||CB 1.1-R3||201||02/08/2012|
|Dynmap API v0.30.1||Release||CB 1.1-R1||216||01/27/2012|
|Dynmap API v0.29||Release||CB 1.0.1-R1||196||01/08/2012|
|Dynmap API v0.28||Release||CB 1.0.1-R1||141||12/28/2011|
|Dynmap API v0.26||Release||CB 1.0.1-R1||143||12/11/2011|
|Dynmap API v0.25||Release||CB 1337||145||11/24/2011|
|Dynmap API v0.24||Release||CB 1337||6,755||11/16/2011|
|Dynmap v0.24||Release||CB 1337||4,113||11/13/2011|
|v0.21 [CB1060]||Release||CB 1060||59||09/03/2011|
|v0.20.1 [CB1000]||Release||CB 1000||212||09/01/2011|
|v0.20 [CB1000]||Release||CB 1000||51||09/01/2011|
|v0.19.2 [CB1000]||Release||CB 1000||51||09/01/2011|
|v0.19.1 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||142||09/01/2011|
|v0.19 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||36||09/01/2011|
|v0.18 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||38||09/01/2011|
|v0.17 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||37||09/01/2011|
|v0.16.1 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||35||09/01/2011|
|v0.16 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||28||09/01/2011|
|v0.15 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||28||09/01/2011|
|v0.14 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||29||09/01/2011|
|v0.13 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||71||09/01/2011|
|v0.12.1 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||153||09/01/2011|
|v0.12 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||27||09/01/2011|
|v0.11 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||26||09/01/2011|
|v0.10 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||29||09/01/2011|
|v0.09 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||27||09/01/2011|
|v0.08 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||26||09/01/2011|
|v0.07 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||26||09/01/2011|
|v0.06 [CB935]||Release||CB 935||53||09/01/2011|
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 195,339 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 154,445 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, World Editing and Management, Fixes, General, and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 87,778 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 68,835 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Developer Tools, Mechanics, and Economy
- 61,117 Monthly Downloads