Golfcraft lets you play golf! Simply type /golf, and you will be given a bow and arrow. You can hit (shoot) the ball (arrow), and it will generate a sign where it lands (unless you hit the ball into the water, or the trees).
There are anti-griefing parameters in place, so each golfer needs to destroy their own sign before their arrow will generate a new sign.
Materials of recognition:
- Green Wool: the Fairway (main material)
- Lime Wool: the Green (putting material)
- Sand: Sand Trap (stops balls from bouncing)
- Glowstone: the Cup
- Grass: the Rough (reduces ball's bounce velocity)
- Fence: the Flag
- Wood: Teeing Ground ( start of the course, gives your driver a boost)
- Up to 12 clubs to chose from
- Each club has its own advantage
- Arrows are converted to snowballs when you shoot!
- Create a golf course by adding holes
- Creating holes set their par
- The par is used for per-hole scoring
- Per-hole golf-info chat channels
- Any players in the same hole will know what happens with the other players
- If the ball landed on a valid block, a sign with the player's name is placed, marking where the ball landed
- This sign MUST be destroyed in order for another sign to generate
- Once destroyed, the player cannot move more than one block away until their next ball lands in a valid location
- Per hole scoring
- Uses that hole's par to compare how many hits the player took.
- Prints the score via number of hits, as well as golf lingo (Bogie, Eagle, etc)
- Plenty of anti-griefing parameters
- I try my best to make sure players arent spammed with text or signs. I've spent most of my time coding making sure they cant.
Permissions: (overridden by OP's)
- (allows the player to simulate golf (no scoring, or messages))
- (allows the player to play golf use hole-start signs)
- (allows the player to TP to a hole via command)
- (allows the player to teleport to their sign)
- (allows the player to teleport other players to their sign)
- (allows the player to create new holes)
- (allows the player to create/destroy hole-start signs)
- (allows the player to destroy other players' signs)
Source Code is currently Unavailable
- Fixed multiworld support. (Added MW plugins to the soft-depend list.)
- Fixed NPE on GcFiles.java:154, caused by the world unloading before the plugin.
- IMPORTANT: The case of the main save-data folder was changed to 'Golfcraft' to mach the plugin name & config dir. This fix should only affect case-sensitive file systems.
- Updated for 1.2.5-R3.0
- Fixed permission nodes. All listed permission nodes now do exactly what they say.
- Fixed some aesthetic discrepancies
- Improved Physics!
- Balls that bounce on the following materials have the following disadvantage:
- Sand (barely bounces, if at all (like real sandtraps))
- Grass (less bounce force)
- Leaves (little to no bounce, as if it got caught in the tree)
- Water (drastically reduces bounce)
- Lava (melts the ball)
- Balls that bounce on the following materials have the following disadvantage:
- Added # of bounce config setting
- Can only be set between 2 and 5
- Added feature: "Golf balls" are now... Snowballs!
- Change your texture for more realism!
- All golf balls now bounce 3 times, and then generate a sign.
- Putters now function better, due to the bouncing (and slight speed increase)
- Broadcast messages now tell the club used when a player hits a ball.
- Velocities now varry based on the club you use, and where you're standing
- These are non-configurable (but the speed boost still is)
- Thanks @FeedDante for you glorious snowball contribution!
- Feature Fix: Putters are now more easily used. Aim-to-shoot, instead of a fixed angle.
- Added feature: Hole-Start Signs
- Admins and players with "golfcraft.sign" can add/remove sign
- Simple setup
- Line 1: "golf" (without quotations)
- Line 2: (nothing)
- Line 3: [hole name] (without brackets)
- Line4: (nothing)
- Any player with "golfcraft.play" can use them
- Placeable anywhere, and they will teleport you to the hole
- Added feature: Clubs
- 12 Clubs
- Driver (125m)
- 3 Wood (115m)
- 5 Wood (105m)
- 4 Iron (95m)
- 5 Iron (88m)
- 6 Iron (82m)
- 7 Iron (75m)
- 8 Iron (68m)
- 9 Iron (62m)
- Pitching Wedge (55m)
- Sand Wedge (30m)
- Putter (12m)
- Choose club by left clicking air while holding a bow
- Clubs togglable in config
- Clubs enabled bypasses aiming angle
- Clubs enabled bypasses direct speed variances on certain blocks (sand, grass, etc)
- Different clubs react differently on sand traps
- Woods and putter get a massive reduction
- Irons get a moderate reduction
- Wedges get a minor boost
- 12 Clubs
- Bug Fix: Skeletons no longer spam the console with errors (again)
- Added feature: Configuration
- Enable/disable speed variances
- Edit individual max and min speed variances
- Togglable feature: remove mobs that target golfers while on the fairway or green
- Added feature: Distance (in meters) of your shots is now included in broadcast messages.
- Bug Fix: Skeletons no longer spam the console with errors
- Bug Fix: All hazards now add a penalty point
- Added feature: Scoring
- Keeps track of your score per hole
- Added feature: Savable hole locations
- Create holes using /golf create [hole name] [par]
- Creates a teleportation anchor for that hole when created
- Use /golf play [hole name] to teleport you to that hole
- Removes your sign(if you have one)
- Automatically puts you in golfing mode
- Gives you a bow and arrow if you don't already have one
- Scoring is based on the holes par, given to it on creation
- Added feature: Per-hole chat traffic
- Displays only the data from players in a given hole to other players in that same hole
- (players in "Hole1" wont see that a player in "Hole3" landed a ball on the fairway)
- Added feature: More anti-griefing parameters
- Players can no longer spam golf chat after they completed a hole. They are now marked as "finishedHole", which cannot be changed until they start a new hole.
- Bug Fix: Balls that land directly on the flag (fence) are now registered as if it made it into a cup if there's glowstone beneath it, otherwise a sign will be placed on top of the fence.
- BugFix: Balls that land on other players' signs will now place a new sign on top of theirs.
- Reloading, or stopping the server now removes all player's signs (if it was generated during the previous up-time. If your server crashes, and the sign is still there, they will need to be manually removed).
- Removed feature: /golf now does nothing except simulate golf. It no longer broadcasts messages, tells you where your ball landed, or makes a sign. It only changes your velocities of the arrow based on where you're standing.
- Added feature: Once a player destroys a sign, they cannot move more than 1 block away until their ball lands in a valid location.
- Added feature: Teleporting
- /golf [tp] (player)
- Teleports you to your sign - perm: golf.tp
- Teleports (player) to their sign - perm: golf.tp.others
- Changed sand pit velocity to be random (between 70% and 90% speed reduction)
- Fixed Bug: Signs are now actually protected from other players
- Added feature: Hitting a ball from sand reduces the ball's speed by 80%
- Added Superperm Support
- golf.spectate (listen to golf channel)
- golf.play (gives player a bow and arrow, and enables them to play)
- golf.ref (allows players to destroy signs other than their own)
- Added anti-griefing parameters
- Players must destroy their sign before another sign can generate.
- Refs can destroy signs, and allow online players to continue playing.
- Note: If an offline player's sign is destroyed, that player cannot golf again until the server is reloaded.
- Breaking a sign sets your bow and arrow amount to 1
- Added commands
- Help: /golf help - displays multiple help pages
- Version: /golf version - checks for updates
- Note: Enabling golf mode will force your bow and arrow count to 1.
- Added recognition for the cup (Glowstone)
- Landing a ball in a hazard will give you a new bow and arrow.
- Release version
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|GolfCraft v1.5.5||Release||CB 1.3.1-R1.0||2,769||07/13/2012|
|GolfCraft v1.5.4||Release||CB 1.2.5-R3.0||992||06/02/2012|
|GolfCraft v1.5.3||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||1,576||04/21/2012|
|GolfCraft v1.5.2||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||679||04/16/2012|
|GolfCraft v1.5.1||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||305||04/15/2012|
|GolfCraft v1.5.0||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||165||04/15/2012|
|GolfCraft v1.4.1||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||261||04/14/2012|
|GolfCraft v1.4.0||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||201||04/14/2012|
|GolfCraft v1.3.1||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||194||04/13/2012|
|GolfCraft v1.3.0||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||191||04/12/2012|
|GolfCraft v1.2.0||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||280||04/11/2012|
|GolfCraft v1.1.1||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||203||04/10/2012|
|GolfCraft v1.1.0||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||63||04/10/2012|
|GolfCraft v1.0.0||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||62||04/10/2012|
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 193,002 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 153,994 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, World Editing and Management, Fixes, General, and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 85,315 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 75,172 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Developer Tools, Mechanics, and Economy
- 62,844 Monthly Downloads