An honest and humbling note from MisterAverage: I've recovered my source code for the plugin. Unfortunately, after 8 months away from it, I feel like it might have well been written in a semi-foreign language. While I can still waddle my way through one procedure call to the next and make sense of it bit by bit, I can already tell that updating this archaic code (especially for the inevitable 1.6 update) will be a daunting chore for a one-man operation to say the least. I'm extremely surprised MoArrows maintained its functionality as long as it has. .
In addition, I've noticed this evening that there are quite a few other (*cough* ripoff *cough*) plugins that seem to have captured the arrow modification spotlight without giving the slightest bit of credit to original ideas coming from skeletonofchaos, ayan4m1, myself, or any other arrow modder on Bukkitdev. To be honest, that in itself sickens me enough to call it quits and just have fun with Minecraft like I did before all of this. Coding ethics just aren't what they used to be I guess. .
I've spent literally countless hours compiling a bunch of java and accompanying documentation for people that I don't know in an effort to make Minecraft a more fun game to play. In the process of doing that, I almost forgot what it was like to just have fun in this game with a group of friends without worrying about updates or tickets or testing. And quite frankly, I have more important things to attend to in my real life. I'm sure I'll still code from time to time. Hell, I might still write plugins. But in the future, they will all be public domain because they will be copied no matter what "license" i put on them. That being said, I would still be willing to assist anyone who wishes to reproduce an updated version. .
As of this message, all of my projects are open to the public (hence public domain) and free to clone, decompile, copy, alter, or whatever. I can provide source and give advice if necessary. I honestly don't care anymore. Credit me, or don't. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I just hope I had some impact on the game, and I thank you all for sticking with me for so long. To those of you who donated, be happy in the fact that you provided the beer for late night coding sessions during the development process of this plugin, and for that I'm eternally grateful. =P .
One last thing.. I'll see you all in game. You aint gettin' rid of me that easy! =P .
-MisterAverage (in game name: _MrAverage_) .
(message updated on 4 May 2013, 01:32 CST) .
Intro: Tired of bow usage being a joke? Want to add a new dimension of excitement to PvP battles? Wish there was more depth to archery in Minecraft? If you answered yes to any of these, read on.
Each arrow has it's own unique ability that adds more versatility to archery in Minecraft. In addition, this plugin attempts to solve the huge degree of imbalance between melee and ranged attacks in vanilla Minecraft. I was amazed that a player could empty half a stack of arrows into a diamond clad attacker and still not get a kill. This plugin provides the capability to even the playing field between bows and swords and make PvP battles much more dynamic. There is now an alternative to a bunch of tanks wildly swinging blades at each other! The overall goal is to make archery more playable, particularly in PvP servers.
(NEW!) Version 2.4.2 is awaiting approval. Check back in an hour or two for the download link!
(¡NUEVO!) ¡Para obtener ayuda en español, - haga clic aquí -!
- - More arrow types!
- - poison, explosive, (NEW!) compression, teleport, lightning, slow, razor, piercing, fire, net, doombringer
- - Perfect for a Ranger class!
- - see -this page- for detailed descriptions of all arrow types.
- - Beefy damage system!
- - Customize all base and crit damage levels! You decide what damage the bow does!
- - Replaces default crit system with a newer, sexier one
- - See -this page- for notes on physical vs. special damage
- - Take your time and aim.. damage is increased when crouching (sneaking) while shooting!
- - Customize arrow damage over time effects (fire, poison, etc)!
- - Heavy armor reduces bow effectiveness.. it's hard to shoot with plate armor on!
- - For advanced users, you can customize the damage penalty levels!
- - Control who can use what arrows with new permissions support!
- - Add arrow cooldowns!
- - Add item costs for arrow types! Want the player to have TnT for an exploding arrow? No problem!
- - Add up to 10 item type requirements (64 items per requirement max) per arrow!
- - (You will never need more than this.)
- - WorldGuard support! Keep those deadly arrows out of safe regions!
- - If a region does not allow PvP, the arrow does no damage.
- - Towny support! Keep those deadly arrows out of non-PvP towns!
- - If a town has disabled PVP, the arrow does no damage.
- - Factions support! Add protection to faction zones!
- - Enable or disable block explosion and fire damage in the config.
- - Safe and peaceful zones are now protected against special arrows.
- - (NEW!) Users can now remove unwanted arrow types from bow cycling! See the usage instructions!
- - (NEW!) Customize razor and piercing multipliers as well as doombringer poison duration!
- (If upgrading,) read the changelog for the version you have downloaded.
- (If upgrading,) delete or remove previous version's MoArrows files from the server's plugin directory
- Run or /reload the server with the MoArrows jar in the plugins folder to generate the default config
- Edit config to your desire (see the default config -on this page-)
- Install a permissions plugin, preferably PermissionsBukkit 1.6 or PermissionsEX 1.19.1
- If your server uses Towny, make sure you're using version 0.80.1.0 or later
- (optional) Install WorldGuard and WorldEdit
- Add or remove permissions to your liking (see sample permissions -on this page-)
- Restart or /reload your server for all changes to take effect
- Test your setup before going live with your users!
- If you have a quick question about a feature or setting, feel free to ask in the comments below.
- Problems? Please submit a ticket! It's the quickest and most organized way to get help. An example of the perfect ticket can be found - here -! This ticket was extremely detailed an allowed me to locate and fix the problem in very little time with no additional information required. If you do not follow the ticket format, you ticket will be declined. Period.
A note about permissions: If I set all permission defaulted to false, people who are unfamiliar with permissions usage complain that the plugin doesn't work. If I have them defaulted to true, people who are unfamiliar with permissions usage complain about everyone having use of all permissions. ALL MoArrows permissions can be enabled or disabled to suit your needs if you learn how to use your permissions plugin well. Please do not post any more questions about permissions unless you have exhausted all other options for learning the system.
Most arrows are enabled by default, yes. Please check out the default permissions to see what is and isn't enabled at the following link..
The reason most types are enabled by default is because, when they were all set to false, so many permissions newbs complain that the plugin doesn't work when they haven't set any permissions for it (and subsequently uninstall MoArrows). Unfortunately, now that I've set many permissions default to true, I have people complaining that everyone can use "all" the arrow types.
It's an unfortunate double edged sword at my neck. If I set all to false, people say it doesn't work.. if i set all to true, people complain that it works for everyone. I don't have a remedy for this aside from saying to everyone "LEARN PERMISSIONS!" =)
- left click with bow to cycle through arrow types
- Shift+left click to cycle backwards
- /moarrows [arrowtype] - disables or re-enables arrow types in the selection sequence at the user level
- /moarrows list - lists important config values
- /moarrows help - shows a quick command reference
- /moarrows help [arrowtype] - displays arrow summary and required materials
- /moarrows reload - reloads all config.yml values
- /moarrows version - displays the server's version of MoArrows
moarrows.use.all (default: false)
moarrows.bypassmaterials (default: false)
moarrows.bypasscooldowns (default: false)
moarrows.allowcrit (default: true)
moarrows.use.[arrow type goes here] (default: true except teleport and doombringer)
moarrows.list (default: true)
moarrows.help (default: true)
moarrows.reload (default: op)
Arrow types are currently normal, poison, explosive, compression, teleport, lightning, slow, razor, piercing, fire, net, and doombringer. Note: The superperms bug has been fixed. You can now safely disable features of MoArrows with them.
Please see v2.4.1 download page for the full changelog.
Special thanks: First and foremost, I'd like to thank ayan4m1 (the developer of multiarrow) for creating the initial framework for the first few versions of MoArrows. A big shout out goes to Shanko (owner of war.pvpzone.org:25600) for being the first server owner to beta test for me. I couldn't have completed the Towny support without the testing from Zombiemold. Factions support wouldn't have happened without spacecakeXD and Imkingoflive. A really cool guy named Cecell helped me out a bunch with McMMO testing on his server. LastWishESP from Youtube deserves muchas gracias for his 2.3.3 file translation and tutorial video. Thanks go out to Clanforge AKA multiplay.co.uk for adding MoArrows. Also, I am incredibly grateful for those of you who've donated to this project so far, as well as those of you who are considering doing so in the future.
- updated libraries
- added config value for compression arrow radius
- (if you don't want to regenerate the config, just
add "compression-radius: x" to the config
under explosive-radius without the quotes and
the desired radius value for "x.")
- this version requires regeneration of the config!
- fixed the disable superperm arrow switching server crashes
- removed cooldown message from users having bypasscooldown perm
- updated to latest version of factions
- updated to latest bukkit RB
- added razor arrow crit chance multiplier config value (2.0 default)
- added piercing arrow damage multiplier config value (0.5 default)
- added customization for doombringer poison duration
- set all statics to null on disable (reduces memory leaks on /reload)
- added compression arrow
- this version requires regeneration of the config!
- if using Towny, this version requires v0.80.1.0!
- Removed Vault (cooldowns are no longer group based)
- Fixed Towny load errors
- Added bypasscooldowns permission
- Added allowcrit permission
- Fixed /reload bug
- Improved permission handling
- Set most arrows to default true
- changed default plugin.yml permissions for the following:
- as a result, ops can now have material requirements and limited arrow types
- this revision does not require any config file changes
- NOTE: This version requires config file regeneration! See install instructions!
- MoArrows v2.3.x and later now requires Vault
- Added group-based cooldowns.
- Added config values for cooldowns (requires config regeneration if upgrading!)
- Arrow type now auto switches back to normal arrows when a player runs out of materials.
- Explosive and Doombringer now have radius configuration
- Fixed Net and Fire arrow occasionally removing existing blocks
- NOTE: This version requires config file regeneration! See install instructions!
- added ability to specify item sub-types in the required materials
- finished API framework for use with MagicArrows
- small code reworks here and there
- overhauled about 90% of code (faster, better, stronger, easier to update)
- added MoArrows API framework (work in progress)
- changed worldguard build flag checks to pvp flag checks (allows for arena use)
- added precise resolution to protected area checking in all plugin hooks
- added config reload command
- added version command
- removed /moarrows set command (it's usefulness did not warrant the space)
- fixed worldguard dependency (again)
- fixed arrows list not removing old arrows
- fixed onEntityHit null pointer
- fixed Towny no-pvp for normal arrows
- added config value for net duration
- fixed fire and explosive visuals for players without materials
- added try catch to worldguard handler to allow arrow usage in null region sets
- fixed issue with arrows only working in worlds named "world"
- added chainmail penalty
- added visual effects for fire and explosion arrow
- added delayed removal of net arrow cobwebs
- finished armor penalty customization code
- added customization of DoT arrow effects
- fixed new method's arrow switching bug
- tested with craftbukkit-1.2.5-R1.0 (works!)
- discovered and corrected final damage calculation bug
- added WorldGuard non-pvp region sensing
- improved arrow type cycling and user messages
- fixed piercing arrow setHealth < 0 bug
- fixed OP status overriding config removed arrows
- added piercing arrow type
- minor code cleaning
- added factions warzone explosion and fire damage mitigation
- added safezone and peaceful detection
- fixed arrow help for all arrows
- added craftbukkit-1.2.4-R1.0 API
- tested with 1.2.4 beta build
- added factions support!
- config now has option to remove block explosion damage from faction zones
- config now has option to remove block fire damage from faction zones
- config now has option to remove all block explosion damage from arrows
- fixed doombringer damage checking
- added moarrows.bypassmaterials permission
- updated config file generator
- simplified arrow help outputs
- added in game arrow descriptions!
- usage: /moarrows help [arrowtype]
- fixed Towny dependency
- added Towny support!
- fixed slow arrow visual effect
- added fire, net, and doombringer arrow types
- made teleport arrow more efficient
- removed torch, animal, drill, and water arrows
- added more resolution to protected area sensing
- fixed moarrows.use.all permission
- added crouch flag to arrowID (more accurate crouch damage calculation)
- added razor and slow arrow types
- fixed java version (major.minor) errors for servers running java 6
- discovered and fixed critical hit bug
- eliminated worldguard dependency
- set default arrow type permissions to false (fixes PEX permission issues)
- Changed compiler library to JDK 6 for legacy server compatibility
- Added in game command interface
- Added ability to temporarily change config values on the fly
- Added logging of protected area projectile hits
- Fixed onEntityHit worldguard bug
- Enhanced exploding arrow protection for worldguard regions
- Fixed poison arrow
- Fixed major onEntityDamage bug
- Added WorldGuard support!
- Tweaked config to mitigate null pointer issue with materials parsing
- Added permission support
- Scrapped old materials required code, built new functions from ground up
- Added more customization ability to damage calculations
- Updated default config file
- Fixed several config file parsing bugs
- Lots of code cleaning
- Misc. small bug fixes
- Completely revamped arrowEffect method
- Added unique identifiers to arrow entities
- Fixed bug with arrow switching mid-flight
- Updated config file support
- Changed default config file
- Added customization of critical hits and base damage
- Started adding custom armor penalty code
- Started reworking "materials required" code
- Fixed onProjectileHit bug that cause log errors with falling arrows
v0.1 (initial alpha release)
- Updated bow shooting methods
- Updated event listener methods
- Created massive criticals code
- Created armor penalty code
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|MoArrows v2.4.2||Release||CB 1.3.2-R0.1||29,145||09/02/2012|
|MoArrows v2.4.1||Release||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||16,301||06/18/2012|
|MoArrows v2.4.0||Release||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||1,178||06/17/2012|
|MoArrows v2.3.3||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||12,428||05/09/2012|
|MoArrows v2.3.1||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||6,533||04/26/2012|
|MoArrows v2.3.0||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||2,010||04/24/2012|
|MoArrows v2.2.2||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||3,731||04/16/2012|
|MoArrows v2.0.0||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||3,263||04/10/2012|
|MoArrows v1.7.5||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||2,592||04/07/2012|
|MoArrows v1.7.4||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||68||04/07/2012|
|MoArrows v1.7.3||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||1,144||04/06/2012|
|MoArrows v1.7.0||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||334||04/05/2012|
|MoArrows v1.6.6||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||1,209||04/04/2012|
|MoArrows v1.6.1||Release||CB 1.2.4-R1.0||1,110||04/03/2012|
|MoArrows v1.6.0||Release||CB 1.2.4-R1.0||632||04/03/2012|
|MoArrows v1.5.4||Release||CB 1.2.4-R1.0||2,569||03/29/2012|
|MoArrows v1.5.3||Release||CB 1.2.4-R1.0||365||03/29/2012|
|MoArrows v1.5.2||Release||CB 1.2.4-R1.0||99||03/29/2012|
|MoArrows v1.5.1||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||585||03/28/2012|
|MoArrows v1.4.0||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||209||03/27/2012|
|MoArrows v1.3.1||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||86||03/27/2012|
|MoArrows v1.2.1||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||431||03/25/2012|
|MoArrows v1.2.0||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||459||03/25/2012|
|MoArrows v1.1.1||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||438||03/23/2012|
|MoArrows v1.1.0||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||139||03/23/2012|
|MoArrows v1.0.6||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||296||03/22/2012|
|MoArrows v1.0.0||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||2,969||03/15/2012|
|MoArrows v0.9.5||Beta||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||73||03/15/2012|
|MoArrows v0.9.4||Beta||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||82||03/15/2012|
|MoArrows v0.9.3||Beta||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||22||03/15/2012|
|MoArrows v0.9.1||Beta||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||27||03/14/2012|
|MoArrows v0.7||Beta||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||64||03/13/2012|
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 191,804 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 150,652 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, World Editing and Management, Fixes, General, and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 86,134 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 62,756 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Developer Tools, Mechanics, and Economy
- 60,623 Monthly Downloads